Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so too but it's the sort of thing Italians say about songs or films...much more emotional than 'this is the information I have'. Don't care, just weird
The report is actually in Spanish mate. Eso me llega means 'that's good enough for me' in this context. The writer is prob a Spanish fan of Almeria and he's saying this because as he's just pointed out, the only way we can buy him is if we offer his club more than Atalanta. ;)

How are things slower now than they were two weeks ago?
Are they? Pretty clear now that we had / have three main attacking targets for this summer: Danjuma, Toure, Gnonto.

Danjuma has signed, Toure we have clearly pushed hard for and await a decision, Gnonto we are still heavily linked to and will be in discussions.

Things might be slower in terms of news stories and players linked but that just suggests we are focused in on the targets, number of links means nothing.

If / when Toure and Gnonto come off the table I'm sure there will be more links as we move to backup plans.

I understand that we need more attacking options, but I think we desperately need another CB this window. While we should feel decent about Tarks/Branthwaite, the thought of one of Godfrey, Holgate or Keane playing big minutes this season if forced into the team for any reason terrifies me.

We gotta be able to find someone, anyone for around 10 million to bring in

Are they? Pretty clear now that we had / have three main attacking targets for this summer: Danjuma, Toure, Gnonto.

Danjuma has signed, Toure we have clearly pushed hard for and await a decision, Gnonto we are still heavily linked to and will be in discussions.

Things might be slower in terms of news stories and players linked but that just suggests we are focused in on the targets, number of links means nothing.

If / when Toure and Gnonto come off the table I'm sure there will be more links as we move to backup plans.
I just meant fewer names to wrangle over no matter how tenuous the link. Still I have to admire how calm you can be with August 12th looming ever closer. It feels like even if the Toure saga ends today...and it's looking very unlikely we win that one...then moving on to our back up plans will take us way past the opening game.

Am sure you do mate, what if he fails his medical??
Maybe we are still trying maybe that's the hold up
Obviously to have it signed off you need the medical, but load of deals are confirmed pending a medical. The danjuma loan was all agreed before his medical and it was in the public domain

There is zero proof the new stadium will increase revenue and value long term?

Not with the current people in charge.

Don't forget we were getting £1m a year kit sponsorship while Sunderland had a £20m kit sponsor at the same time over a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back