Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still going on from 2 months ago. I said hours after we were safe there’d be clamouring for a manager change.

There are many long and boring reasons why we have Dyche, are suited to Dyche, and can’t currently do better than him. But as brief as is possible (I.e. not that brief) our history is nothing like our current reality, our club is falling apart in the ownership, the board structure and the squad. We’ve squeaked safety two years in a row. We are awaiting the findings of a PL first investigation into P&S breaches. These facts make us massively unattractive to the point better managers than Dyche (of which there are many many many) who are on an upward career path will never come here. Lampard looked like he’d taken that risk - turns out he was crap and probably knew he was. We could only attract a truly better manager with a “project” or a “war chest”. We have neither. Our project is 17th place whilst minimising spending. We could attract a mercenary has been but still better than Dyche with a massive salary. Sadly we can’t afford that either.

Dyche is an inevitable part of our multi-year recovery. Could be worse, could be Pardew. He is the means not the end. Suck it up. BMD will not suddenly solve our financials with overnight huge incomes. Renting the scoreboard out for millions won’t even pay one decent players salary. The corporate boxes will provide a big increase, but even that is barely a dent in the cost of transforming a PL squad. We are stuck with managers who are decent and pragmatic but not sexy enough to find a healthier club until we can offer a better squad for them, a bigger transfer kitty for them, or a bigger salary for them. It’s right in front of our eyes that we offer none of those right now, with the added bonus of unclear ownership, sanctioned “sponsors”, board accusing fans of physical assault, knackered star striker, PL investigations, hatred in the media, despised by other clubs. Dwight and Pickford are probably the only positive things about the whole club at present. And that’s not enticing a South American non English speaking Bielsa disciple here to propel us to CL qualification with Iwobi’s heatmap covering the entire pitch but him posting another 4/10.

I fully agree there were games Dyche should have got more points than he did during the run in. The crowd could see decisions that needed to made and he didn’t make them. I was slightly disappointed with his ppg return as I think some of our players are ok, there is just no cohesion. But he’s here, he’s staying, he’s clearly keeping out of the limelight and doing the bare minimum media duties if anyone’s noticed.

On topic: Just buy a sodding striker and bring on the new season. Let’s just get on with it.

So out of all the managers in the world dyche is the best manager we could have?

Absolutely drivel.
If we don't get at least two or three decent players in and ship the same out then Everton will be in the bottom three at Christmas and the manager will be sacked. There's every chance we'll be near the drop even with some additions and he will be sacked. If, by some miracle, we climb a couple of places up the table then he may survive the chop. But the odds are in your favour. Dyche will have to be brilliant to keep his job. You don't think he is. I don’t think he is. Let's see

Don't get the manager chat our issues are much deeper than the manager. Dyche is what he is average but as others have said he is with us because he can over achieve on a budget and that's what we need right now. The real issues are mismanagement at ownership and board level, our financial issues and our recruitment it's plain we have been through manager after manager including Ancelotti and we still fail because the club is badly run and has been asset stripped to the point where the squad has declined. The squad isn't good enough and most of the quality has been sold to satisfy debts, the replacements have been a very mixed bag in forward areas not good enough mostly. If you think the manager is the first person to look at for that I don't know what to say I think we were very lucky and had to scratch out survival last season so as much as we can criticise some of Dyche's selections and formations the biggest issue is the squad and some of the players we have that have cost us for years under multiple managers.

Anyway back to this window we need three or four quality players. A forward who can play up top desperately.

So dyche is the best manager in the world then? :Blink:
We have a poor squad, one of our most important players has been struggling with injury for two years. Our financial situation is dire, so bad we may still face penalties of some kind for our contact in recent seasons. Every player we have is for sale and possibly for less than their value because our need to raise cash can be so great.

We don't know what our transfer budget will be, but we know it won't be big. We have seen that we struggle to attract talent and that will probably continue for the foreseeable future....SO

Which manager can we attract that can make our position better than Dyche can do?
We have already seen him retain our premiership position last season when I think most of us had already accepted relegation as inevitable.

Sean Dyche is not the best manager in the world but maybe the best placed to manage us in our current position.

I would also say that at Burnley Sean Dyche had even less money to spend than he will have at Everton and still managed to keep them in the premiership for several years , at times finishing in the top half.

Hopefully, at Everton the players are better than he managed at Burnley where he did not have the luxury of playing anything other than football that was pragmatic. Let us at least give him time and see what football he gets his team to play , it wasn't his fault we don't have a creditable fit striker, in fact none of the problems are his fault ... yet.

Why not be positive about what he might acheive until his results and performances prove otherwise ?

Is this still going on from 2 months ago. I said hours after we were safe there’d be clamouring for a manager change.

There are many long and boring reasons why we have Dyche, are suited to Dyche, and can’t currently do better than him. But as brief as is possible (I.e. not that brief) our history is nothing like our current reality, our club is falling apart in the ownership, the board structure and the squad. We’ve squeaked safety two years in a row. We are awaiting the findings of a PL first investigation into P&S breaches. These facts make us massively unattractive to the point better managers than Dyche (of which there are many many many) who are on an upward career path will never come here. Lampard looked like he’d taken that risk - turns out he was crap and probably knew he was. We could only attract a truly better manager with a “project” or a “war chest”. We have neither. Our project is 17th place whilst minimising spending. We could attract a mercenary has been but still better than Dyche with a massive salary. Sadly we can’t afford that either.

Dyche is an inevitable part of our multi-year recovery. Could be worse, could be Pardew. He is the means not the end. Suck it up. BMD will not suddenly solve our financials with overnight huge incomes. Renting the scoreboard out for millions won’t even pay one decent players salary. The corporate boxes will provide a big increase, but even that is barely a dent in the cost of transforming a PL squad. We are stuck with managers who are decent and pragmatic but not sexy enough to find a healthier club until we can offer a better squad for them, a bigger transfer kitty for them, or a bigger salary for them. It’s right in front of our eyes that we offer none of those right now, with the added bonus of unclear ownership, sanctioned “sponsors”, board accusing fans of physical assault, knackered star striker, PL investigations, hatred in the media, despised by other clubs. Dwight and Pickford are probably the only positive things about the whole club at present. And that’s not enticing a South American non English speaking Bielsa disciple here to propel us to CL qualification with Iwobi’s heatmap covering the entire pitch but him posting another 4/10.

I fully agree there were games Dyche should have got more points than he did during the run in. The crowd could see decisions that needed to made and he didn’t make them. I was slightly disappointed with his ppg return as I think some of our players are ok, there is just no cohesion. But he’s here, he’s staying, he’s clearly keeping out of the limelight and doing the bare minimum media duties if anyone’s noticed.

On topic: Just buy a sodding striker and bring on the new season. Let’s just get on with it.
This is the difference between fans and football managers.........fans are not as clued up as managers hence why we are in 9 to 5 jobs. They see players every day of the week and know what they can bring to a team. Our bench hasn't been good for a number of years yet we scream for a change during a game when the manager knows more than us. I must say that in Yerry Minas case that just maybe he looked lazy in training and didn't impress in training. Some players that don't give it 100% in training can easily be overlooked. Some in training might be more relaxed in the environment and look better in the managers eyes until they are in real game time.

We also have to look at the manager and decide whether he is up to it. That is difficult when you consider the players on hand. Pep, Klopp etc wouldn't get too much of a tune out of our squad in reality and with a decent budget would need several years.

Dyche is the best we could hope for in our current situation and to be honest I thought he did well considering the free fall we were in at the time he took over

If we don't get at least two or three decent players in and ship the same out then Everton will be in the bottom three at Christmas and the manager will be sacked. There's every chance we'll be near the drop even with some additions and he will be sacked. If, by some miracle, we climb a couple of places up the table then he may survive the chop. But the odds are in your favour. Dyche will have to be brilliant to keep his job. You don't think he is. I don’t think he is. Let's see
But this is the same with any manager. Even the great Carlo Ancelotti started to stutter in the second half of his one season with us. We can’t sustain this hire and fire gung ho approach with our finances. I personally agree that, whilst not the glamorous appointment a lot want, he is probably the pragmatic appointment the club needs to steady things and hopefully provide the foundations to enable future improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back