Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been very calm about the situation but we need attackers and we need them fast, I watched the first half of Brentford vs Brighton last night and was terrified, the press, the pace and the attacking threat from both of them was on a different planet to what I watched on Tuesday at vs Bolton.

McTominay is a good robust player, would improve our squad and most teams around us IMO.

He's a better and more technical box to box player that Doucoure is for example. Doesn't have his goal threat mind

But yet he slots them in for Scotland on the regular.

I actually think he could be a good replacement for doucoure… but he’s older than you’d think. 26 iirc

Literally mentioned that as a notable distinction. Also fair to note our wage bill and market value is north of 60 to 100 million more than two of those three. The point still stands, I would agree those could appear a more viable destination. But the truth in what we are feasible in doing is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. I dont think we are destined to dramatically overpay on every deal. And most those mentioned still would have warranted decent business on an a higher transfer fee.

Point is Thelwell would be wise to look at cheaper comparable deals over more holes, than spend a lump sum and have the rest free agent adds.
As it stands we aren't doing any deals,as the days go bye it looks increasingly like loans and free transfers only. Even when we have (allegedly) bid the small down payment and extended terms we offer to clubs must ring alarm bells with the players involved.

i caught a bit of Villa v Fulham. The level they played at, the speed and intensity was worlds apart from what we saw against Bolton. We look like we're playing for fitness and nothing else, they look fit and ready for the season and they're working on tactics and style.
The reality when we go from kick abouts with league one and championship outfits to playing a Premierleague team is seriously worrying. especially when most of our squads this pre-season have been padded out with kids because we don't have enough depth.

i caught a bit of Villa v Fulham. The level they played at, the speed and intensity was worlds apart from what we saw against Bolton. We look like we're playing for fitness and nothing else, they look fit and ready for the season and they're working on tactics and style.
The reality when we go from kick abouts with league one and championship outfits to playing a Premierleague team is seriously worrying. especially when most of our squads this pre-season have been padded out with kids because we don't have enough depth.
Why can't we even set up decent pre season fixtures? Brentford, Brighton, Villa and Fulham all found out something useful about their teams and opposition last night. I watched Brighton and they have a real spring in their step

That's full-on depressed me.

Why can't we even set up decent pre season fixtures? Brentford, Brighton, Villa and Fulham all found out something useful about their teams and opposition last night. I watched Brighton and they have a real spring in their step
rem Adrian heath's American farrmers putting 4 past us? that's why Dyche is wrapping the squad in cotton wool and easing them in slowly. "fitness first"

I have been very calm about the situation but we need attackers and we need them fast, I watched the first half of Brentford vs Brighton last night and was terrified, the press, the pace and the attacking threat from both of them was on a different planet to what I watched on Tuesday at vs Bolton.
Every team I've watched in preseason smashes us
I do wonder though, these higher profile matches, against PL teams in a full stadium makes them more competitive and seem much better prep for the league proper.
Why are we playing minnows? No invite to better preseason tourneys or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back