Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it sounds very good for a new team that has finished top half in the PL. It has been a complete rebuild from the Chumps League days and there is now a lot of players with value if we were to sell them. If a club doesn't invest in their playing squad the likelihood is that they will be fighting relegation or worse still doing what Villa did and playing in the Chumps League. But the point was that u said we spent 'insane' money. 342m for a complete rebuild of the playing squad for a club with revenues of circa 200m a year is not insane.

I think you're missing the entire point yet again.

Gnoto would allegedly rather stay with Leeds rather than join us..
Don't blame the lad tbh he probably wants to play in the Premiership in a years time

I'm not saying you're unwelcome of course, but are the Villa forums that boring?! lol
They are full of people thinking top 4 is a given and just wondering if we will be pushing City for the title. A discussion today was that 50m is a good price for Brennan Johnston and he would be a quality addition to our bench :). but aside from that and as I have stated on here many many times, I like Everton as a club and have an interest in transfers this summer as they are critical to retaining PL status next year

Did I say all free transfers were bad? No.

You heavily implied it by bemoaning a previous free transfer that didn't work out as well as we'd have hoped.

Why even bring bernard up at all? I could say James tarkowski worked out as our best signing last summer and he was a free agent

It's completely irrelevant though. Every transfer is different.

I think it sounds very good for a new team that has finished top half in the PL. It has been a complete rebuild from the Chumps League days and there is now a lot of players with value if we were to sell them. If a club doesn't invest in their playing squad the likelihood is that they will be fighting relegation or worse still doing what Villa did and playing in the Chumps League. But the point was that u said we spent 'insane' money. 342m for a complete rebuild of the playing squad for a club with revenues of circa 200m a year is not insane.
Net spend is definitely not everything, but our net spend on transfers since 16/17 (first under Moshiri) is about €230m.

Yours is €423m. (Both sets of data from transfermarkt, so while they’re probably not spot on, they’re likely to be of comparable accuracies)

And you spent what, 3 of those seasons in the Championship?

Boggles the mind.

Not many rumours today lads, think I need a hobby, suggestions?

IMG_6180.webp

I honestly believe the club threw Al a bone with El Bilal and they told him to pipe down after he blew his load. That is one of the many reasons he gets next to no info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back