Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of any actual transfer news, this is the kind of player I want us to be in the mix for. We all agree that moving forwards we need to be signing players like Gnonto or El Bilal Toure before they end up costing us £20m plus.

This lad is the latest one off the Right to Dream and Nordsjaelland production line. Lots of buzz about him and scored a hat-trick from the wing the other day.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ernest-nuamah/profil/spieler/955070
Genuinely believe that Bill and Moshiri are so thick that they won't sanction a transfer for a player who isn't already worth at least 20m.

The idea that they supposedly said no to Bilal Toure for 6m last year and then insisted on Maupay instead is probably the best indicator of why we struggle so much in the market.

Erm..."which led Dutch authorities to investigate and discover that Ihattaren is a friend and associate of some high-ranking members of this powerful criminal group".
And ... "12 February 2023, Ihattaren was arrested in Amsterdam after being charged for domestic abuse to his girlfriend.He was released two days later, while still being investigated as a suspect".

Anyone else getting irrationally angry with people on Twitter who seem to think that Myers is some sort of ITK who has all sorts of inside info on transfers? Why aren’t you asking the guy in Tesco or your nan? Both have the same insight as him.

Genuinely believe that Bill and Moshiri are so thick that they won't sanction a transfer for a player who isn't already worth at least 20m.

The idea that they supposedly said no to Bilal Toure for 6m last year and then insisted on Maupay instead is probably the best indicator of why we struggle so much in the market.
100%

I mean I'm just using euros because those are the figures off transfermarkt, the same figures you use in your post.

-£342m hardly sounds good.

Conversely ours is -£30m over the same period.
I think it sounds very good for a new team that has finished top half in the PL. It has been a complete rebuild from the Chumps League days and there is now a lot of players with value if we were to sell them. If a club doesn't invest in their playing squad the likelihood is that they will be fighting relegation or worse still doing what Villa did and playing in the Chumps League. But the point was that u said we spent 'insane' money. 342m for a complete rebuild of the playing squad for a club with revenues of circa 200m a year is not insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back