Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net spend is definitely not everything, but our net spend on transfers since 16/17 (first under Moshiri) is about €230m.

Yours is €423m. (Both sets of data from transfermarkt, so while they’re probably not spot on, they’re likely to be of comparable accuracies)

And you spent what, 3 of those seasons in the Championship?

Boggles the mind.
What boggles the mind? We changed owners during that period and they have got rid of virtually every member of the senior management team, coaching team, youth development and players in that time and managed to get promoted and finish in 7th. Sounds like a bargain to me. Could u take any team from the Chumps and put 423m into them and come away with that return?

What boggles the mind? We changed owners during that period and they have got rid of virtually every member of the senior management team, coaching team, youth development and players in that time and managed to get promoted and finish in 7th. Sounds like a bargain to me. Could u take any team from the Chumps and put 423m into them and come away with that return?

You're
Still
Not
Getting
What
We
Are
On
About

I think it sounds very good for a new team that has finished top half in the PL. It has been a complete rebuild from the Chumps League days and there is now a lot of players with value if we were to sell them. If a club doesn't invest in their playing squad the likelihood is that they will be fighting relegation or worse still doing what Villa did and playing in the Chumps League. But the point was that u said we spent 'insane' money. 342m for a complete rebuild of the playing squad for a club with revenues of circa 200m a year is not insane.
To me it looks like they are spending the kind of money which is only sustainable if they achieve Champions League qualification. Be interesting to see what happens if that isn’t achieved in terms of the FFP position

All a bit pointless these transfer windows. The market is nuts these days and we simply can’t compete. Even crap players are beyond our budget

Genuinely believe that Bill and Moshiri are so thick that they won't sanction a transfer for a player who isn't already worth at least 20m.

The idea that they supposedly said no to Bilal Toure for 6m last year and then insisted on Maupay instead is probably the best indicator of why we struggle so much in the market.
It's a snobbery it's like they would rather spend 20-30m on a hipster name than actually buy the scouted player before they have had a season or two in a bigger league. They both need to go.

I’m now hearing signings are closer than first thought. Everton have swiftly moved onto new targets and discussions will be taking place over the weekend. I’m told the club is prioritising a new striker, a set timeframe at this point is very close. Looking likely there will be at least one more player out of the club first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back