Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point seems to have rather passed you by.

Obviously you’ve got good results from that investment (although to a large extent down to one of the last of the decisions in that period)…

What boggles the mind is that we’re under a PL charge and having to constantly battle FFP, having spent about £200m less with (I’m assuming, haven’t checked this) significantly more revenue, having been in the PL the entire time.
To be honest, and just my opinion and not a dig at how Everton is managed but I am not sure how much you are under the spotlight. The FFP issue Everton has is reported as related to tax and the new stadium. This looks like a complete red herring to me. You have had a rough time with Usmanov's money drying up, it is difficult when things that are out of the club's control impact the club so much. I just don't believe EFC is in as of much a financial mess as the club like the media to present. The problem, in my opinion, is that Moshiri has decided he is not putting his money (if he really has money) into the footballing side of the club. I think he is exploiting the minor FFP tax issue to justify his lack of investment. It wouldn't surprise me if the tax issue was deliberate knowing it would be an FFP problem and Moshiri would prefer for EFC to pay a moderate while giving him an excuse not to invest in the club for a prolonged period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back