Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, and just my opinion and not a dig at how Everton is managed but I am not sure how much you are under the spotlight. The FFP issue Everton has is reported as related to tax and the new stadium. This looks like a complete red herring to me. You have had a rough time with Usmanov's money drying up, it is difficult when things that are out of the club's control impact the club so much. I just don't believe EFC is in as of much a financial mess as the club like the media to present. The problem, in my opinion, is that Moshiri has decided he is not putting his money (if he really has money) into the footballing side of the club. I think he is exploiting the minor FFP tax issue to justify his lack of investment. It wouldn't surprise me if the tax issue was deliberate knowing it would be an FFP problem and Moshiri would prefer for EFC to pay a moderate while giving him an excuse not to invest in the club for a prolonged period of time.
Not the worst take Ive ever seen.

To be honest, and just my opinion and not a dig at how Everton is managed but I am not sure how much you are under the spotlight. The FFP issue Everton has is reported as related to tax and the new stadium. This looks like a complete red herring to me. You have had a rough time with Usmanov's money drying up, it is difficult when things that are out of the club's control impact the club so much. I just don't believe EFC is in as of much a financial mess as the club like the media to present. The problem, in my opinion, is that Moshiri has decided he is not putting his money (if he really has money) into the footballing side of the club. I think he is exploiting the minor FFP tax issue to justify his lack of investment. It wouldn't surprise me if the tax issue was deliberate knowing it would be an FFP problem and Moshiri would prefer for EFC to pay a moderate while giving him an excuse not to invest in the club for a prolonged period of time.
Jasper Carrot makes a very valid point here.

Not the worst take Ive ever seen.
i thinks he’s right to , how long have we been hearing about this ffp now sure it was the January under ancelloti but we only
end up getting charged 2 1/2 years later it’s not like the echo or anything ever question anything

Comparing last seasons summer window to this and so far its identicle. Free transfer and a loan in tarkowski and vinagre brought in. This season young and danjuma. We didnt buy anyone until a week before the season in mcneill. The rest of our signings were made while the season had started and on deadline day itself. The fanbase last summer was saying the same things as this summer. "We need to bring players in now early." This fails to happen and the mistrust in the people at the club grows. Again classic kenwright. The same man in charge of signings repeating the same mistakes. Personally i believe that targets are being presented and agreed on by scouting and the manager. Its above them where our problems lay. Surely our finances were in a worse state last season compared to this and we have shifted alot of money off the wage bill?

I think that's not far off the mark.

But I do think your club will be next in the "know your place" dept.

Your spending is way off the scale in comparison , this is all well and good until you start to threaten the Sky Snake 6.
Expect a call from the PS & FFP brigade pretty soon.
How very dare you threaten the Cartel.

The accounts are published it is a chronic financial picture. We have the worst wages to turnover ratio in the league. However, there is an opportunity to slowly recover if we retain our top flight status. Nearly all the big deals will be up end of next season. Gomes, Gbamin, Dele, Keane to add to Mina this summer. The only big deals remaining will be for players that are contributing (Tarks and Pickford). Presumably younger cheaper players will be coming in

The way things are going if Che Adams or Weghorst walk through the door on deadline day people will be made up. Good times ;)
And knowing our luck Weghorst would probably knock himself out on the way in the door....

Concussion protocol for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back