Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is operation Goodison drumming down"
F...sake fella is this how low we've become.

Sadly yes. We are broke and can only do business with clubs who will let us pay on the tick.

We just need some players - preferably who have Premier league experience right now. International experience also a bonus. We will only be able to deal with teams who give us a break with payment terms. He is also better than Maupay, so I'd take Adams for the squad if he was cheap.

Wouldn't be a starter, but an upgrade on Maupay and Rondon which was our backup options last year. If we sell Maupay and sign another striker, then Adams as third choice is OK for me.

on a separate note, i didnt think Alberto looked terrible, obviusly not the next R9 but certainly better than Maupay. I just dont see it happening tho, like have everton ever bought from the brazillian league before?
Dia looks good but yhe only issue is sell on value which is what got us in this ffp conundrum in the first place.

Can someone tell me what has actually got us excited about this lad ( other than he's a striker )

Didn't have a clue who he was until last season, which was the only season he's hit reasonable numbers in his career. And he's not exactly young.
Sounds more like a random lucky season, or by 26 someone would of taken note of him.

You sure we're not gonna be offering cash + Maupay for Maupay

Wouldn't be too sure about that kenwright loves to offer massive wages out now it isn't his neck on the line.

How holgate has managed to get 75kpw contract, blows my mind. Keanes had a pay increase and he came in on 80kpw. Apparently we offered iwobi over 100kpw when we were battling relegation ffs. Maupay is on 70k, mykolenko is on 60k. Gomes 120k, Gbamin 80k and talk was dele is on 150kpw.

We gave digne a contract worth 120kpw and he was 29. Luckily villa bought him coz we've seen how much he's dropped off the last 18 months.

Its insane we used to have a 50kpw wage cap and that cost us players but it made sure the ship didn't sink. God knows why we've thrown that away. We need a wage cap back. So we can sell players if they turn out crap not loan them to Turkey till their contract runs out.
I have no issue with Iwobi getting and wage increase if it happens within reason. He players every game and creates most of our chances. What we need to avoid is the Dele, Gbamin, Gomes, Keane and Mina situation of players making 100k+ and hardly playing

Ah yes the magical two million pound increment tactic that is synonymous with Everton and never fails
Did I read also read he is recovering from a knee operation?
Or is it another player ?
I feel late signings will be the outcome with players exiting- late on
Kevin Cambell stated we need definite investment before we can pay big money for players as usual linked to many players without no success.....

Can someone tell me what has actually got us excited about this lad ( other than he's a striker )

Didn't have a clue who he was until last season, which was the only season he's hit reasonable numbers in his career. And he's not exactly young.
Sounds more like a random lucky season, or by 26 someone would of taken note of him.

You sure we're not gonna be offering cash + Maupay for Maupay
Not at all. He was a good player in France but still developing. Struggled to settle in Spain, but there's no shame in that with Villarreal's attacking riches at the time.

He moved to a Salernitana side that had scraped to survival the season before and create few chances, yet managed to bag 16 goals in 33.

He is strong with a good turn of pace, has good close control, can play out wide and brings others into the game well. Due to Salernitana's lack of chance creation, he didn't shoot that often, but his shot accuracy is tremendous. According to the stats he hit the target with 44.7% of his efforts (putting him in the 76th percentile of all strikers in the top 5 leagues) and his conversion rate is an amazing 0.32, putting him in the 99th percentile!!

He was the 3rd top scorer in Serie A behind Osimhen and Martinez and, I'll say it again, he was playing for a rubbish team. That rubbish team stayed up comfortably having just scraped survival the year before. I honestly believe that with players like McNeil and Danjuma feeding him, and Dyche's desire to get the ball into the box, he'll be presented with way more chances playing for us. I usually want us to avoid signing players over 26 where possible, but I don’t believe we could find a better striker in our current situation. He is simultaneously very good and would also suit our team. His biggest weakness is that he's not great in the air. He's not terrible, just not as good as some similar strikers. All round he is really good though.

Some of his stats are below:
Screenshot_20230728_113947_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not at all. He was a good player in France but still developing. Struggled to settle in Spain, but there's no shame in that with Villarreal's attacking riches at the time.

He moved to a Salernitana side that had scraped to survival the season before and create few chances, yet managed to bag 16 goals in 33.

He is strong with a good turn of pace, has good close control, can play out wide and brings others into the game well. Due to Salernitana's lack of chance creation, he didn't shoot that often, but his shot accuracy is tremendous. According to the stats he hit the target with 44.7% of his efforts (putting him in the 76th percentile of all strikers in the top 5 leagues) and his conversion rate is an amazing 0.32, putting him in the 99th percentile!!

He was the 3rd top scorer in Serie A behind Osimhen and Martinez and, I'll say it again, he was playing for a rubbish team. That rubbish team stayed up comfortably having just scraped survival the year before. I honestly believe that with players like McNeil and Danjuma feeding him, and Dyche's desire to get the ball into the box, he'll be presented with way more chances playing for us. I usually want us to avoid signing players over 26 where possible, but I don’t believe we could find a better striker in our current situation. He is simultaneously very good and would also suit our team. His biggest weakness is that he's not great in the air. He's not terrible, just not as good as some similar strikers. All round he is really good though.

Some of his stats are below:
View attachment 219968
He's the one I want of the names mentioned but no solid link to him outside of Itslian sources that are notoriously unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back