Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230729_081924_Gallery.webp

Not at all. He was a good player in France but still developing. Struggled to settle in Spain, but there's no shame in that with Villarreal's attacking riches at the time.

He moved to a Salernitana side that had scraped to survival the season before and create few chances, yet managed to bag 16 goals in 33.

He is strong with a good turn of pace, has good close control, can play out wide and brings others into the game well. Due to Salernitana's lack of chance creation, he didn't shoot that often, but his shot accuracy is tremendous. According to the stats he hit the target with 44.7% of his efforts (putting him in the 76th percentile of all strikers in the top 5 leagues) and his conversion rate is an amazing 0.32, putting him in the 99th percentile!!

He was the 3rd top scorer in Serie A behind Osimhen and Martinez and, I'll say it again, he was playing for a rubbish team. That rubbish team stayed up comfortably having just scraped survival the year before. I honestly believe that with players like McNeil and Danjuma feeding him, and Dyche's desire to get the ball into the box, he'll be presented with way more chances playing for us. I usually want us to avoid signing players over 26 where possible, but I don’t believe we could find a better striker in our current situation. He is simultaneously very good and would also suit our team. His biggest weakness is that he's not great in the air. He's not terrible, just not as good as some similar strikers. All round he is really good though.

Some of his stats are below:
View attachment 219968
Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back