Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how the 2 clubs that seem to be struggling in the market are us and West Ham and both have old school chairman (Kenwright + Sullivan) who like to get involved with recruitment and are both notorious for trying to do "cheap deals" on players.
West Ham should be in a much better position than us. London club and in the Ufea Cup after just winning the Conference. Plus have £100m from the sale of Rice.

2 weeks till the season
No striker
No money spent

I doubt very much we'll see a player coming in until one is sold for decent cash...and I doubt that will happen until the final week of August.

It's depressing but there we have it.

I'm expecting a few departures in the final week and a striker + CB to come in...albeit two weeks into the season.

I doubt very much we'll see a player coming in until one is sold for decent cash...and I doubt that will happen until the final week of August.

It's depressing but there we have it.

I'm expecting a few departures in the final week and a striker + CB to come in...albeit two weeks into the season.
It’s always fun going into a new season with virtually the same squad that almost been relegated twice in the past 2 years

West Ham should be in a much better position than us. London club and in the Ufea Cup after just winning the Conference. Plus have £100m from the sale of Rice.
Yes they should but none of that stops the fact that like Kenwright Sullivan tries to always get players on the cheap and on massive stretched out payment plans. Just look at their opening bid for Maguire (I actually think it's fair value) but it's way short of what Utd actually need/want so they can appease FFP and go on and bring in Amrabat.

It's funny how the 2 clubs that seem to be struggling in the market are us and West Ham and both have old school chairman (Kenwright + Sullivan) who like to get involved with recruitment and are both notorious for trying to do "cheap deals" on players.
There’s a lot more than 2 clubs struggling this summer wolves have lost half their team and signed 2 free transfers and one of them is a goalie from league one! Even Man City have probably got worse from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back