Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is 2-3 weeks old.

The latest is Gonzalez from Valencia another 20 year old centre back.

Could be were looking to bring a long term Branthwaite partner in and sell off 2-3 of the CBs.
That Schira linked us to DeWinter again last night, but I wouldn’t read much into anything he says.

It’s now 9 weeks since the season finished, 3 matches into pre season and 2 weeks away from the season starting, and we still haven’t signed a proper striker.

Now we’re being heavily linked with Che Adams.

Most observers would say that this is gross professional misconduct from the board.

How long ago was it that we sold Lukaku for £75m? And we still haven’t came close to replacing him.
We're not really being heavily linked with Che Adams anywhere but on here, same with Weghorst.

It's the usual feeding frenzy that goes on every season. Just ignore it.

This Dia swap deal then. Do you reckon Kev’s bricking it in case they see a Maupay “highlights” video from last season. Can see it now, Kev orders “full lockdown on this video lads” and Bill wonders into the meeting and has it blaring, full techno music and all, on repeat in the conference room and declares, “this is what your getting lads, gold, pure gold”. Meanwhile Kev buries his nose into the desk.

We're not really being heavily linked with Che Adams anywhere but on here, same with Weghorst.

It's the usual feeding frenzy that goes on every season. Just ignore it.
Let’s be honest though if it wasn’t for “it’ll be Che Adams lol” and “wHaT AboUT MAsoN grEenWooD” this noble thread wouldn’t be powering towards the 1000 pages per signing mark.

The Beattie signing annoys me to this day.

We had a good set up with Bent playing as a lone striker doing loads of running and pressing, obviously the next step would be to get a better Bent with more of a goal threat and instead we bought a gifted but lazy player who could never lead the line on his own.

His sending off against Chelsea (?) still makes me laugh though.
Actually a good point, Bent didn't score many goals but made it possible for others to get some, maybe thats something we could look at for this season. We're not going to be able to buy someone scores loads of goals. DCL did that sort of job against Brighton.

Yes remember Beattie headbutting the defender in the back. We could have bought Crouch for under a £million when we bought Beattie. We'd have gone mad at the time but he turned out to be the better player in the end.

IMG_0767.webp

For us trying to get fresh players, choosers cannot be beggars, it seems that is where we are at. Add to that no one wants our cast offs, what does that tell one ?

Waiting whilst the board steer the club into the abyss doesn’t feel right to me.

This isn’t just one or two bad decisions, it’s persistent mismanagement over a number of years.
It’s what makes being a footy fan though, we’d still find something to moan about if it was going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back