Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i've been mulling over the news and you know what, i think it would work.

play 4-4-2 with Che Adams (scottish international) and we could line up something like this:

View attachment 220639

so as you can see, its a modern 442 with overlapping and false 9's all over the shop. there will be pressing and spells of transition that will increase our xG and negate our xD

i appreciate some of you won't understand this as you prefer to buy a ticket and shout, but I'm sure brothers such as @TheBigIguana will understand my thought process.

Very interesting *adjusts monocle*

My only worry (and I get why we have to do this currently due to finances) is bringing in straight loans, with no buy options.

Sticking a plaster over it for a season, but then next season still needing to bring in players in the same key positions all over again.
It's a legitimate concern, but we still have to ensure we fulfill our loan quota, at a time when we are living hand to mouth. As depressing as it is, it's one season at a time currently. Anything that gets us to maintain our PL status as the stadium moves closer to completion and hopefully a new board, is fine with me. We have to try and box clever with buy options where we can, but trying to figure out a way to keep a successful loan signing in 12 months time is a problem I'd like us to have. We used to be so good at it.

play 4-4-2 with Che Adams (scottish international) and we could line up something like this:

View attachment 220639

so as you can see, its a modern 442 with overlapping and false 9's all over the shop. there will be pressing and spells of transition that will increase our xG and negate our xD

i appreciate some of you won't understand this as you prefer to buy a ticket and shout, but I'm sure brothers such as @TheBigIguana will understand my thought process.
Ridiculous, why spend all that money on Che Adams only to not start him?!

I'd take nobody and just go with the Chermiti kid, DCL, keep Cannon and use our wide players. There is zero sense in spending actual money on a God-awful 27 year old that we won't be able to shift. He is literally the worst striker we've been linked with all Summer. It blows my mind what people are willing to accept.

IF we had no-one in by deadline day and took him on loan, that would be just about acceptable, but we should not make him our burden for the foreseeable, he is utter, utter 💩💩💩💩
I'm probably gonna say something very controversial here but Thelwell clearly wants him and has for some time now, I completely trust his judgement. I've said on here that no DoF here has gotten a fair shake and been totally allowed their players in, this seems to have improved a lot now though, he and Dyche seem to be on the same page. After all look at the players we're linked to and legitimately bidding for, there's clearly a strategy. If Adams is cheap, comes in and works hard then I say that's fair enough.

The reason I'd take him is because we are clearly after others. If Adams is basically the value of Holgate then the squad hasn't lost anything with Holgate but it's gained a forward option, who no matter what scored 10 goals last year in a side somehow much worse than us. I'll back any player that comes to us and even yesterday or the day before I was totally against it, then it became clear that we were bringing in Chermiti too and now maybe Sulemana as well. Adams as the only forward option being brought in, like was rumoured last year, would be a bit of disaster no doubt, but as one of three or four then he's a solid option that can at the very least contribute from the bench.

When's the last time we actually had a backup striker, genuinely? All I'm saying is he'd probably be a good squad addition really with other players also being brought in.

View attachment 220639

Good system imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back