Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, Adams has scored a handful of Premier League goals rather than half a handful.
I mean there’s not a lot in it is there but I reckon Weghorst would do ok here.. holding the ball up and bringing others into play.. won’t score loads but will defo help the team get up the pitch.

From clips, Sulemana looks like a Bishops Stortford-sub at best.

But then again, I always think we have bought the next Messi watching youtube compilations, so what do I know...

I'm probably gonna say something very controversial here but Thelwell clearly wants him and has for some time now, I completely trust his judgement. I've said on here that no DoF here has gotten a fair shake and been totally allowed their players in, this seems to have improved a lot now though, he and Dyche seem to be on the same page. After all look at the players we're linked to and legitimately bidding for, there's clearly a strategy. If Adams is cheap, comes in and works hard then I say that's fair enough.

The reason I'd take him is because we are clearly after others. If Adams is basically the value of Holgate then the squad hasn't lost anything with Holgate but it's gained a forward option, who no matter what scored 10 goals last year in a side somehow much worse than us. I'll back any player that comes to us and even yesterday or the day before I was totally against it, then it became clear that we were bringing in Chermiti too and now maybe Sulemana as well. Adams as the only forward option being brought in, like was rumoured last year, would be a bit of disaster no doubt, but as one of three or four then he's a solid option that can at the very least contribute from the bench.

When's the last time we actually had a backup striker, genuinely? All I'm saying is he'd probably be a good squad addition really with other players also being brought in.
People said similar about Maupay. We always convince ourselves crap players are sensible signings or squad players and they always either stink the gaff out or get played time and time again by our managers despite being crap, thus not being squad players.

The way it's going, it looks like the only asset we will have acquired is Chermiti. If we get Sulemana and Danjuma (both good players) and they do well, that is likely to take up most of next season's transfer budget to make them permanent. By that point Tarkowski will be 31, Gana 34/5, Coleman retired, Young 39 or retired, Iwobi out of contract, Doucoure out of contract, DCL one year left. Even if we sold our one asset in Onana for good money, it will not cover what's needed for those losses.

So if we sign Adams, if you don't think he'll be stinking the gaff out for years and years to come, you're having a laugh mate. He needs to be avoided at ALL costs other than a last minute loan with no option or obligation because all our other targets have failed. So many strikers out there. Dia could be great for us for years. Lots of talented young kids etc. Would rather take a punt on Akor Adams for the rumoured €7m than go anywhere near Che Adams.

So, i've been mulling over the news and you know what, i think it would work.

play 4-4-2 with Che Adams (scottish international) and we could line up something like this:

View attachment 220639

so as you can see, its a modern 442 with overlapping and false 9's all over the shop. there will be pressing and spells of transition that will increase our xG and negate our xD

i appreciate some of you won't understand this as you prefer to buy a ticket and shout, but I'm sure brothers such as @TheBigIguana will understand my thought process.
Would be a brilliant setup with someone like Che Adams coming off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back