Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said similar about Maupay. We always convince ourselves crap players are sensible signings or squad players and they always either stink the gaff out or get played time and time again by our managers despite being crap, thus not being squad players.

The way it's going, it looks like the only asset we will have acquired is Chermiti. If we get Sulemana and Danjuma (both good players) and they do well, that is likely to take up most of next season's transfer budget to make them permanent. By that point Tarkowski will be 31, Gana 34/5, Coleman retired, Young 39 or retired, Iwobi out of contract, Doucoure out of contract, DCL one year left. Even if we sold our one asset in Onana for good money, it will not cover what's needed for those losses.

So if we sign Adams, if you don't think he'll be stinking the gaff out for years and years to come, you're having a laugh mate. He needs to be avoided at ALL costs other than a last minute loan with no option or obligation because all our other targets have failed.
You're right, people did say that about Maupay, I was one of them. It's also come out since that he wasn't the choice of Thelwell but it was forced on the team to get him because of the "PL experience". The thing about it is Adams is far more suited to Dyche's play than Maupay is. I maintain Maupay is not a terrible player, he's just not a Calvert Lewin replacement, which is what he's been played as in his time with us. Adams isn't that either really but he's closer to it. I don't think Maupay is good, he's kinda proved that but he's certainly not as bad as he seems.

The point between them is Adams knows what it's like to play in a poor side with Southampton, really with Maupay though he was used to playing good football that created chances in Brighton, again Adams is much moresuited. I think for the right price Adams is alright business.

As for your other point though about money for next year and onwards basically, we are going to get out of this financial hole soon, we have spent absolutely nothing realtively for years now and our stadium is complete next year, along with MSP investing. I don't think we'll ever get the Koeman / Walsh era of spending silly money again but I also don't think it would be hard for us going forward to start spending £100m a season again from probably next year onwards, or around that time at least.

You mention the players as well, aside from Tarkowski his age won't matter by that point, and all of them can be easily replaced within the squad. Coleman and Young already have young understudies in the squad, Iwobi, Doucoure and Gana would all be on high wages anyway and by then their quality will have all dwindled more. I think everyone you mentioned aside from Tarkowski, who won't need replacing, is easily replaced, aside from Calvert Lewin who we've struggled to replace but that's another issue for another day, we couldn't replace Lukaku properly when we had loads of cash so it isn't just a money problem.

Can’t believe people are justifying che Adams. He’s garbage.
He might well be or Dyche might be able to get the best out of him, he seems to play better at international level and with the likes of McNeil, Danjuma, Chermiti, even Iwobi and DCL about it might take a bit of pressure off him that he likely has at Saints

I’m not as against Adams as most it seems. He’s not a clinical goalscorer and his numbers aren’t great admittedly, but if you’re looking for someone to understudy DCL then he’ll do that job. Not as tall as DCL but deceptively good in the air, strong and can hold on to the ball and bring others in to play. We saw the difference to the team when DCL played the last half dozen matches of the season without scoring himself, we looked a completely different outfit with him up there. Adams can give us that similar presence up top if that’s the way we’re going to play. Would give the new young lad time also to grow in to that role himself rather than be chucked straight in at the deep end.
We need goals tho mate.

Adams isnt a totally bad player, but we need somebody who can slot.

I can see the point in going for a young lad like Chermo, but a player who has never hit double figures, it defies logic.

His best season he had 14 GA in 30 games, which is 1 in 2, I suppose we just have to hope he hits those figures or close to it.

People said similar about Maupay. We always convince ourselves crap players are sensible signings or squad players and they always either stink the gaff out or get played time and time again by our managers despite being crap, thus not being squad players.

The way it's going, it looks like the only asset we will have acquired is Chermiti. If we get Sulemana and Danjuma (both good players) and they do well, that is likely to take up most of next season's transfer budget to make them permanent. By that point Tarkowski will be 31, Gana 34/5, Coleman retired, Young 39 or retired, Iwobi out of contract, Doucoure out of contract, DCL one year left. Even if we sold our one asset in Onana for good money, it will not cover what's needed for those losses.

So if we sign Adams, if you don't think he'll be stinking the gaff out for years and years to come, you're having a laugh mate. He needs to be avoided at ALL costs other than a last minute loan with no option or obligation because all our other targets have failed. So many strikers out there. Dia could be great for us for years. Lots of talented young kids etc. Would rather take a punt on Akor Adams for the rumoured €7m than go anywhere near Che Adams.

Hear hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back