Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said similar about Maupay. We always convince ourselves crap players are sensible signings or squad players and they always either stink the gaff out or get played time and time again by our managers despite being crap, thus not being squad players.

The way it's going, it looks like the only asset we will have acquired is Chermiti. If we get Sulemana and Danjuma (both good players) and they do well, that is likely to take up most of next season's transfer budget to make them permanent. By that point Tarkowski will be 31, Gana 34/5, Coleman retired, Young 39 or retired, Iwobi out of contract, Doucoure out of contract, DCL one year left. Even if we sold our one asset in Onana for good money, it will not cover what's needed for those losses.

So if we sign Adams, if you don't think he'll be stinking the gaff out for years and years to come, you're having a laugh mate. He needs to be avoided at ALL costs other than a last minute loan with no option or obligation because all our other targets have failed. So many strikers out there. Dia could be great for us for years. Lots of talented young kids etc. Would rather take a punt on Akor Adams for the rumoured €7m than go anywhere near Che Adams.
👏👏

You're right, people did say that about Maupay, I was one of them. It's also come out since that he wasn't the choice of Thelwell but it was forced on the team to get him because of the "PL experience". The thing about it is Adams is far more suited to Dyche's play than Maupay is. I maintain Maupay is not a terrible player, he's just not a Calvert Lewin replacement, which is what he's been played as in his time with us. Adams isn't that either really but he's closer to it. I don't think Maupay is good, he's kinda proved that but he's certainly not as bad as he seems.

The point between them is Adams knows what it's like to play in a poor side with Southampton, really with Maupay though he was used to playing good football that created chances in Brighton, again Adams is much moresuited. I think for the right price Adams is alright business.

As for your other point though about money for next year and onwards basically, we are going to get out of this financial hole soon, we have spent absolutely nothing realtively for years now and our stadium is complete next year, along with MSP investing. I don't think we'll ever get the Koeman / Walsh era of spending silly money again but I also don't think it would be hard for us going forward to start spending £100m a season again from probably next year onwards, or around that time at least.

You mention the players as well, aside from Tarkowski his age won't matter by that point, and all of them can be easily replaced within the squad. Coleman and Young already have young understudies in the squad, Iwobi, Doucoure and Gana would all be on high wages anyway and by then their quality will have all dwindled more. I think everyone you mentioned aside from Tarkowski, who won't need replacing, is easily replaced, aside from Calvert Lewin who we've struggled to replace but that's another issue for another day, we couldn't replace Lukaku properly when we had loads of cash so it isn't just a money problem.
Our money problems are going to be there for some time mate. The club loses.loads of money and just because we love to a new stadium doesn’t mean it is a magic wand to sort that out. Plus, the stadium needs paying off. We need to be generating good money from out recruitment or else we will be screwed. It will be years and years before we our free of our financial struggles without improving our record from player trading.

Che Adams is just a pile of excrement. Wood and Ashley Barnes we're good fits for Dyche's system and both are diabolically bad footballers. We have to be buying players who can fit the manager's system but are also good, so they can be used by subsequent managers or soldnon for profit. Signing crap to suit crap (as well as players managers haven't wanted) has got us in this mess.

Bobble’s mate followed this up with a tweet simply saying “carnage” which he’s now deleted. Something’s afoot it seems..

Carnage sounds pretty serious. Perhaps they held a Royal Rumble for the players we’re trying to offload and things got too spicy. I mean we’re paying them we might as well put them to some use.

Not sure im wholly on board with the Southampton deals.

Watched Sulemana a bit last season, he has some natural qualities but very raw and boom and bust, far from a set and forget in my opinion.

Adams, I’d hoped for more don’t think he improves drastically bar being a warm body, Nacho or Weighorst id prefer.

What’s wrong with some of you on here? If someone on Twitter isn’t your cup of tea then fine, but why the need to resort to petty personal insults? Like a bunch of kids some of you lot grow up ffs.
You say this and then resort to also using insults... Argument style of my missus, I know your type

He might well be or Dyche might be able to get the best out of him, he seems to play better at international level and with the likes of McNeil, Danjuma, Chermiti, even Iwobi and DCL about it might take a bit of pressure off him that he likely has at Saints

Wouldn’t that also apply to Dyche getting the best out of Maupay then? You can’t polish a turd.
As for him being better at international level, he has 5 goals.
On your point about him playing with better players here, well Southampton had a better attack than us and scored more goals.

People will dress it up but he’s crap let’s be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back