Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sake! Why am i seeing Che Adams name too often in the last couple of pages?

Please tell me its not happening

It's happening.

IMG_3645.webp

You're right, people did say that about Maupay, I was one of them. It's also come out since that he wasn't the choice of Thelwell but it was forced on the team to get him because of the "PL experience". The thing about it is Adams is far more suited to Dyche's play than Maupay is. I maintain Maupay is not a terrible player, he's just not a Calvert Lewin replacement, which is what he's been played as in his time with us. Adams isn't that either really but he's closer to it. I don't think Maupay is good, he's kinda proved that but he's certainly not as bad as he seems.

The point between them is Adams knows what it's like to play in a poor side with Southampton, really with Maupay though he was used to playing good football that created chances in Brighton, again Adams is much moresuited. I think for the right price Adams is alright business.

As for your other point though about money for next year and onwards basically, we are going to get out of this financial hole soon, we have spent absolutely nothing realtively for years now and our stadium is complete next year, along with MSP investing. I don't think we'll ever get the Koeman / Walsh era of spending silly money again but I also don't think it would be hard for us going forward to start spending £100m a season again from probably next year onwards, or around that time at least.

You mention the players as well, aside from Tarkowski his age won't matter by that point, and all of them can be easily replaced within the squad. Coleman and Young already have young understudies in the squad, Iwobi, Doucoure and Gana would all be on high wages anyway and by then their quality will have all dwindled more. I think everyone you mentioned aside from Tarkowski, who won't need replacing, is easily replaced, aside from Calvert Lewin who we've struggled to replace but that's another issue for another day, we couldn't replace Lukaku properly when we had loads of cash so it isn't just a money problem.
The very big gaping hole in your suitability argument is the basic fact Che Adams is not suited to being a Premier league player. Seeing as that is the division we wish to be in, massive swerve. Also wish people would stop the "he's better than Maupay" shouts. It's like saying I'd like to be shot cos it's better than being stabbed, can we not just avoid both?

I see why club looking at Sulemana but would have liked better than adams. I just feel for the price they would want for him guess 10 mill we could prob get better value in another player. Is a big choice who we get in for the cf as we cant trust dcl staying fit. Just curious who would people want out if adama and in iheanacho.

I see why club looking at Sulemana but would have liked better than adams. I just feel for the price they would want for him guess 10 mill we could prob get better value in another player. Is a big choice who we get in for the cf as we cant trust dcl staying fit. Just curious who would people want out if adama and in iheanacho.

The one that scores

I'd take nobody and just go with the Chermiti kid, DCL, keep Cannon and use our wide players. There is zero sense in spending actual money on a God-awful 27 year old that we won't be able to shift. He is literally the worst striker we've been linked with all Summer. It blows my mind what people are willing to accept.

IF we had no-one in by deadline day and took him on loan, that would be just about acceptable, but we should not make him our burden for the foreseeable, he is utter, utter 💩💩💩💩
1000%

The very big gaping hole in your suitability argument is the basic fact Che Adams is not suited to being a Premier league player. Seeing as that is the division we wish to be in, massive swerve. Also wish people would stop the "he's better than Maupay" shouts. It's like saying I'd like to be shot cos it's better than being stabbed, can we not just avoid both?

A team lacking goals for over two years needs players more prolific to amend it. The mindset by a lot of this fan base has been screwed by accepting dross for years. It’s sad and frustrating. What is the point in signing players who aren’t prolific goal scorers to solve a goal scoring problem?

Like farting in the wind and pretending to smell it hours later

Bobble’s mate followed this up with a tweet simply saying “carnage” which he’s now deleted. Something’s afoot it seems..

Chermiti was “hard to do” last night and is now done, so maybe he is talking about that. Or maybe the club is just playing things close to its chest for once instead of leaking out the news to it’s usual client ITKs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back