Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? He scored at Anfield to put us in front, scored in that mad Blackpool game too. I’m sure he was our top scorer that season. Did you really think his first goal for us came on the final day of the season?
His 1st goal against Bolton was a worldie as well, and that goal in the Blackpool game stole the show, even with Saha scoring 4. Superb finish.

He had something, but Moyes just doesnt like Strikers. Except Saha for some reason.

His 1st goal against Bolton was a worldie as well, and that goal in the Blackpool game stole the show, even with Saha scoring 4. Superb finish.

He had something, but Moyes just doesnt like Strikers. Except Saha for some reason.
Isn't it mad how you get nostalgic about the moyes era now. Back then we are convinced that we were average but a decent striker could get us top four. Oh how our expectations have diminished.

Beckford was sound, free transfer so sold for profit and 10 goals if I remember correctly.

Was that the season with Straq as back up? Velios and I think a player could Gueye were also in the background at the time but don't think either ever amounted to much after leaving.

Was that the season with Straq as back up? Velios and I think a player could Gueye were also in the background at the time but don't think either ever amounted to much after leaving.
I think Straq was the year after. We famously sold Beckford and Arteta then didnt spend any money, got Straq and Drenthe on loan.

Some things never change.

I think Straq was the year after. We famously sold Beckford and Arteta then didnt spend any money, got Straq and Drenthe on loan.

Some things never change.

I remember going to watch them both in their first game for Everton at Widnes Stadium with the u21s. Straq was awful, hahah. Drenthe just got up peoples noses. One lad got so wound up by him that he told Drenthe his breath stinks, then his coach dragged him off and gave him a bollocking hahha

I think thats a bargain and he'd be worth 5x that if we signed him.

Tarkowski, Branthwaite, De Winter....sell 2 of Keane, Holgate, Godfrey.

Would be such good business.

I hope we make a move for him on loan with an option.
ketalare is the kinda creative young player we should risk on, just as arsenal took odegaard who wasn't performing at Madrid. in other news, ndiaye only cost OM 20 million to buy fr Sheffield but we wouldnt have been able to compete with his boyhood club. COME ON DOBBINS

ketalare is the kinda creative young player we should risk on, just as arsenal took odegaard who wasn't performing at Madrid. in other news, ndiaye only cost OM 20 million to buy fr Sheffield but we wouldnt have been able to compete with his boyhood club. COME ON DOBBINS
Id like him and De Winter added. High potential tall Belgian players who, with Chermiti, would give us a very big spine -- adding Branthwaite and Onana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back