Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loan to Port Vale[edit]​

On 26 July 2022, Small joined EFL League One club Port Vale on a season-long loan deal.[5] Manager Darrell Clarke experimented by playing him as a forward in the Staffordshire Senior Cup.[14] He continued to play for the Southampton youth-team after not making the matchday squads at Vale Park.[15][16] He was recalled to Southampton by new manager Nathan Jones on 11 November, with Clarke admitting that "for various reasons, he hasn't played the minutes that we would have liked" as the Vale had Mal Benning, Dan Jones and Liam McCarron to compete for the left-wing back position.[17]

Loan to St Mirren[edit]​

On 31 January 2023, Small joined Scottish Premiership club St Mirren on loan for the rest of the 2022–23 season.[18] Manager Stephen Robinson said that his arrival would provide competition for Scott Tanser on the left-hand side.[19] On 22 April, he was sent off for receiving two yellow cards in the space of 14 seconds during a 2–0 defeat to Kilmarnock at St Mirren Park; the first yellow was for dissent and the second was for a shirt pull.[20] On 24 May, he was shown a straight red card for a dangerous challenge on Bojan Miovski in a 3–0 defeat at Aberdeen.[21]
Sounds like a bad egg and glad that he moved on...

Simply saying he left us in summer 2021..... Understandably as still young and our recent history of maintaining stable left backs... after Baines came Digne.... but Digne left, what, 6 months later?

He would have likely had his chance after that as seems we have been struggling with that position for the last 18 months.

His 1st goal against Bolton was a worldie as well, and that goal in the Blackpool game stole the show, even with Saha scoring 4. Superb finish.

He had something, but Moyes just doesnt like Strikers. Except Saha for some reason.

What a finish that was, first time volley from a ball coming over his shoulder, on his weak foot. I thought that was better than the Chelsea goal which was a bit overrated and very fortunate. He should’ve got a lot more game time than he did that season especially with Saha stinking the place out for 90% of it.

Is there an end in sight with it? I can’t see how it can continue in its current form
Ffp is going to cause havoc at other clubs soon enough with some of the alarming spending from the likes Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Utd, Newcastle and others except Brighton I suggest. Hopefully we will be coming out the other end in the new stadium then we can enjoy fans fume from the other clubs for a change

Ffp is going to cause havoc at other clubs soon enough with some of the alarming spending from the likes Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Utd, Newcastle and others except Brighton I suggest. Hopefully we will be coming out the other end in the new stadium then we can enjoy fans fume from the other clubs for a change
Newcastle haven’t spent as much money I thought they would but they have got Champions league money now and will no doubt get a lot through Saudi sponsorship.

Villa are the ones to look out for re FFP. They have spent a lot in transfers and wages and look to me to be gambling on making the top 4. If they don’t then it might become very difficult for them

Newcastle haven’t spent as much money I thought they would but they have got Champions league money now and will no doubt get a lot through Saudi sponsorship.

Villa are the ones to look out for re FFP. They have spent a lot in transfers and wages and look to me to be gambling on making the top 4. If they don’t then it might become very difficult for them
Think the way Chelsea and Arsenal are spending they are going to be proper in the mire, they are not bringing in anywhere near the levels they spending. They are both spending way above champions League money

Forest as well

Think the way Chelsea and Arsenal are spending they are going to be proper in the mire, they are not bringing in anywhere near the levels they spending. They are both spending way above champions League money
Ah but it seems to be that the so called big six can do what they want without penalty apart from a paltry fine. FFP is a total con in my opinion. Designed to entrench the positions of the big clubs until they can organise the super league proper. It’s only a matter of time.

But back on topic, hope we make a few signings!

Absolutely disregard Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea from the above statement, it's designed to protect them. They can sign a lucrative Deal somewhere and avoid it. Newcastle may be in danger but then again they have so much wealth thatba compromise can be reached.

City facing 116 charges can buy 76m defender again yesterday, they will say they can because they sold players to Saudi, those sells all done at inflated prices to balance the books. Now that the Saudis are involved expect Newcastle players to be traded over and back. Matt Richie and Jeff Hendrick will probably be signed by Al-Jaffacake for 70m each. Therefore Newcastle can circumnavigate FFP on this side.

It's beyond repair......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back