Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? He scored at Anfield to put us in front, scored in that mad Blackpool game too. I’m sure he was our top scorer that season. Did you really think his first goal for us came on the final day of the season?
Yep, I have no idea why this was just removed from memory box 🤷

Now that you mention it, I do remember that Blackpool game.

Talking about Southampton young players…. I wonder how Small is getting on???

Could have been playing regularly as LB at Goodison.

….it was more likely he was unable to make the transition to first team here, he did the right thing for himself trying to make some monies whilst in demand.

I’d be more disappointed that ISS joined Chelsea as I think he’s got a good chance of having a decent career.

Talking about Southampton young players…. I wonder how Small is getting on???

Could have been playing regularly as LB at Goodison.

Loan to Port Vale[edit]​

On 26 July 2022, Small joined EFL League One club Port Vale on a season-long loan deal.[5] Manager Darrell Clarke experimented by playing him as a forward in the Staffordshire Senior Cup.[14] He continued to play for the Southampton youth-team after not making the matchday squads at Vale Park.[15][16] He was recalled to Southampton by new manager Nathan Jones on 11 November, with Clarke admitting that "for various reasons, he hasn't played the minutes that we would have liked" as the Vale had Mal Benning, Dan Jones and Liam McCarron to compete for the left-wing back position.[17]

Loan to St Mirren[edit]​

On 31 January 2023, Small joined Scottish Premiership club St Mirren on loan for the rest of the 2022–23 season.[18] Manager Stephen Robinson said that his arrival would provide competition for Scott Tanser on the left-hand side.[19] On 22 April, he was sent off for receiving two yellow cards in the space of 14 seconds during a 2–0 defeat to Kilmarnock at St Mirren Park; the first yellow was for dissent and the second was for a shirt pull.[20] On 24 May, he was shown a straight red card for a dangerous challenge on Bojan Miovski in a 3–0 defeat at Aberdeen.[21]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back