Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the way Chelsea and Arsenal are spending they are going to be proper in the mire, they are not bringing in anywhere near the levels they spending. They are both spending way above champions League money

These super long contracts that Chelsea do will become a little dodgy when they realise that the players is bad. It will be tough to get rid of below par players still with 5 years left to go on their contract

Just a quick reminder of how much we are paying our trio of championship standard centre backs every week

Keane: 80k
Godfrey: 75k
Holgate: 70k

So 225k a week on players that aren't even good enough to warrant a first team spot in a premier league team. I can't see us getting rid of all three, but hopefully we can get rid of two of them and bring in a competent defender as a replacement.

These super long contracts that Chelsea do will become a little dodgy when they realise that the players is bad. It will be tough to get rid of below par players still with 5 years left to go on their contract
Yep. £100k a week, which may even below their average wage, over 7 years is £36m. Factor in a transfer fee of £30m and you've wasted almost £70m if the transfer fails and the player refuses to move and accept a significantly lower salary.

Which goes back to the main point about fantasy and reality.

Reality is...we don't have the money to buy them. We don't have the pull to pursued them. The better ones will have bigger clubs eyeing them. And anyone over the age of 25 will cause people on here to have palpitations.

It also goes back to the point @Saint Domingo made. Our position is that we'll be signing the French version of Che Adams. It just feels better cos he's not played in the prem before.
That's just an acceptance of a failed scouting system. Other teams can make a success of the model I proposed without any real pull. Our issues are a result of the strategy you propose, the strategy is not a consequence it's a cause.

Ffp is going to cause havoc at other clubs soon enough with some of the alarming spending from the likes Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, Utd, Newcastle and others except Brighton I suggest. Hopefully we will be coming out the other end in the new stadium then we can enjoy fans fume from the other clubs for a change

Its hitting Wolves in a big way, they were blessed to do the Neves deal.

Thats something we need to move towards I agree but you can't just do it overnight Brighton don't just sign these players and throw them straight in the team in a relegation battle and expect them to perform its a long process putting all these things in place and in the meantime we still have to get results so theres no point making the comparison.
Brighton literally did do it overnight I was there, I worked for them and the owner came in and said the recruitment process isnt good enough so we are going to do it my way. He identified players around the world in different areas, he built a small but effective global scouting network and the players recruited are all based on their individual statistics. He is a master statistician and that is how he made his money in gambling. Brighton are hardly Ajax or Barcelona, if they can do it quickly then why can't we? They were on the verge of extinction not that long ago and we've been in the top flight since my Dad was in his Dad's bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back