Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastle haven’t spent as much money I thought they would but they have got Champions league money now and will no doubt get a lot through Saudi sponsorship.

Villa are the ones to look out for re FFP. They have spent a lot in transfers and wages and look to me to be gambling on making the top 4. If they don’t then it might become very difficult for them

Spent a fair bit like. Plus wages.

That's just an acceptance of a failed scouting system. Other teams can make a success of the model I proposed without any real pull. Our issues are a result of the strategy you propose, the strategy is not a consequence they're a cause.

Like who?

If you can name a club at our level that scouted a successful PL goalscorer under £20mill from abroad feel free.

No PL team follow structures that say the German, Italian, or French leagues do that develop and gamble on younger players apart from probably Brighton who, least not forget, invested £100+mill net the first 2 seasons they got promoted.

A club needs to be in a stable position to apply what you suggest successfully which we aren't.

Brighton literally did do it overnight I was there, I worked for them and the owner came in and said the recruitment process isnt good enough so we are going to do it my way. He identified players around the world in different areas, he built a small but effective global scouting network and the players recruited are all based on their individual statistics. He is a master statistician and that is how he made his money in gambling. Brighton are hardly Ajax or Barcelona, if they can do it quickly then why can't we? They were on the verge of extinction not that long ago and we've been in the top flight since my Dad was in his Dad's bag.
I mean they didn't get to this stage overnight obviously! I'm sure we can sign the sort of players they signed when you were working there who are good enough to get us out of league two the point is its not as simple as spending the whole budget on a load of kids from ecuador who need 2 years out on loan to come good when we've just survived relegation by the skin of our teeth thats a process we can start to put in place and i hope we do but its not going to keep us up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back