Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of thing Brighton do requires buy in from the organisation. We have an owner, chairman and DoF all seemingly pulling in different directions and it’s just a mess. We need a change of ownership and board really if we want a cohesive structure.
Exactly its something that takes time to put in place and then more time to bear fruit its stupid saying we just need to do that right now because it just doesn't work like that.

Exactly its something that takes time to put in place and then more time to bear fruit its stupid saying we just need to do that right now because it just doesn't work like that.
That why fans needs to recognise that, on current performance (on the pitch and off), we’re a second rate club and bringing in one or two players isn’t going to change that. At best, it keeps us above the relegation places until the whole club and its operations can be restructured. Players like Richy papered over the cracks.

Kenyon’s comments the other day, about how we’re improving commercially, just demonstrate what a low bar we’d set under Elstone. And it won’t matter how much extra we’re bringing in while we’re giving stupid, fat contracts to no-marks like Maupay, Gbamin etc.

Yeah he is. He’ll be gone before long but probably another season with us first.

Think Chelsea would be a stupid move for Olise. City would be good as Mahrez has gone and their is a gap that side. Pep could turn him into a world class player

If he doesnt get a big move then he should stay with you as he has the perfect place to develop further. The lad is going to the very top

Eze is a wonderful talent too

Think the way Chelsea and Arsenal are spending they are going to be proper in the mire, they are not bringing in anywhere near the levels they spending. They are both spending way above champions League money
It makes sense for Arsenal to do it. They're close, they haven't had league glory in a while and they never have lifted the European Cup. I would tell them to mortgage the future, win now and sort it out later. They might end up with a midtable hangover for a couple of seasons, but if it gets the club the prize that has eluded them for so long, so what? Worth.

Chelsea has set themselves up for a much harsher fall from grace than ours. If Pochettino can't get a tune out of all those pieces, and no guarantees he can, their cashflow will start to dry up. The problem with redlining the finances using the backing of a global fanbase is that the global fans are fairweather ones. The reason United didn't implode (and the reason Woodward kept his job for so long) was Woodward's skill at finding new revenue streams.
Villa are the ones to look out for re FFP. They have spent a lot in transfers and wages and look to me to be gambling on making the top 4. If they don’t then it might become very difficult for them
Their problem is that they're old at the back. They'll need a housecleaning back there soon enough, won't get anything for what's there now, and won't have the funds to make more than a couple of real moves each season. Injuries back there likely keep them out of the top 4, and then they'll be a stitched-together mess in defense in a year or two.

Think Chelsea would be a stupid move for Olise. City would be good as Mahrez has gone and their is a gap that side. Pep could turn him into a world class player

If he doesnt get a big move then he should stay with you as he has the perfect place to develop further. The lad is going to the very top

Eze is a wonderful talent too
I was talking about Eze. Olise should stay as well for the reasons you say but both will be gone within 18 months I would imagine.

That why fans needs to recognise that, on current performance (on the pitch and off), we’re a second rate club and bringing in one or two players isn’t going to change that. At best, it keeps us above the relegation places until the whole club and its operations can be restructured. Players like Richy papered over the cracks.

Kenyon’s comments the other day, about how we’re improving commercially, just demonstrate what a low bar we’d set under Elstone. And it won’t matter how much extra we’re bringing in while we’re giving stupid, fat contracts to no-marks like Maupay, Gbamin etc.
And that’s the issue. Anyone we sign is a gamble because we can’t afford or attract proven quality players in the main. Under Moyes we had enough that paid off so we could establish the club as a top half team.

Morning mates & welcome to the 3rd of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Everton striker target Youssef Chermiti has his “bags packed” ahead of a move to Goodison Park, but disagreements over personal terms has caused delay, according to Record. The Portuguese newspaper reported (3 August, page 15) that Chermiti rejected Everton’s initial salary offer and is still training with his current side Sporting Lisbon, but the deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Everton are reportedly keen to sign Michail Antonio from West Ham United this summer. According to The Guardian, West Ham attacker Michail Antonio is firmly on the Everton radar in the summer transfer window.

Everton's transfer window finally appears to be gaining steam, and manager Sean Dyche is now hoping to fortify his offensive ranks with a swoop for Juventus teenager Samuel Iling-Junior. Italian outlet il BiancoNero revealed one week ago that Everton have displayed a concrete interest in Iling-Junior following El Bilal Toure's rejection of the Goodison Park side in favour of Atalanta.

Everton are now considering a loan move for Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, who could be brought in as an alternative to Leeds United's Wilfried Gnonto, according to a report from Sky Sports. According to a recent report from Sky Sports, however, Everton may be growing frustrated in their pursuit of the Italian, and they could give up on their attempts to sign him, after having multiple approaches rejected by Leeds.

Demarai Gray has been heavily linked with a move away from Goodison Park, and journalist Paul Brown believes the Everton boss would let him leave for a suitable fee this summer, saying:

"I don't really think that Sean Dyche is that high on Demarai Gray. If the price is right from any of those clubs showing interest, I think they would let him go.

"It's clear that Everton don't have much of a transfer budget at the moment this summer. They will need to generate cash with sales if Dyche wants to bring in anybody else in areas of the squad that they have a greater need.

"I do still think that if anybody puts down serious money for Demarai Gray this summer, he probably will go."

TEAMtalk can reveal that Leeds winger Willy Gnonto has ruled out a move to Everton. The Italy star was one of their few bright sparks in a miserable season at Elland Road that ultimately ended in relegation. Now back in the second tier, the Whites have seen a plethora of stars quicky jump ship.

But Gnonto is one of the players that their new owners, 49ers Enterprises, want to keep. Everton have seen two bids rejected, the second totalling £20m, with Leeds’ stance is that he is not for sale.

Now we understand that Gnonto has made clear that a move to Sean Dyche’s side holds no appeal.

An exit looks to be on the cards for Demarai Gray as Everton chase Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana to replace him. The Daily Mail reported on 2 August that the Toffees have registered an interest in the Ghanian international after it has emerged Sean Dyche is willing to allow Demarai Gray to leave the club.

Everton approached Juventus earlier this summer with an enquiry over the availability of defender Koni De Winter, according to the Liverpool Echo. The newspaper reported on their website (2 August) that the Serie A giants had placed an £8.6million valuation on the 21-year-old centre-back amid interest from “hosts” of other European clubs.

Everton have told Erik ten Hag they won't strike a deal for rising defender Jarrad Branthwaite this summer. The Dutchman is said to be an avid fan of the 21-year-old who impressed on loan at PSV Eindhoven last season. Manchester United legend Ruud van Nistelrooy labelled Branthwaite a 'great talent' when working with him at PSV and ten Hag clearly sees the centre-back as a future star.

Everton have entered the race to sign former Manchester United captain Harry Maguire this summer, with Sean Dyche viewing the England international as the perfect option to complete the Goodison Park defence.

Serie A side Fiorentina are set to sign former Everton and Barcelona defender Yerry Mina and he will undergo a medical soon. Gianluca di Marzio has reported that Fiorentina were very keen on signing another defender this summer and they are now doing just that, with Mina set to arrive. He will arrive as a free agent after his release from Everton and he will undergo his medical tomorrow and he will arrive in Florence later today.

They could well go down if they’re replacing Zaha and Olise with Iwobi
I don't mean as a direct replacement. I suspect Palace would look to bring in 2 or 3 if they get that money. Palace will do what Palace always do and identify good young talent. But they are also light on numbers. Reckon they could get Iwobi for about £8-10m with a year left on his deal. Adds a bit of experience to go alongside whatever young talent they buy this summer.

Just always felt I could see Iwobi playing for Palace one day.

Morning mates & welcome to the 3rd of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Everton striker target Youssef Chermiti has his “bags packed” ahead of a move to Goodison Park, but disagreements over personal terms has caused delay, according to Record. The Portuguese newspaper reported (3 August, page 15) that Chermiti rejected Everton’s initial salary offer and is still training with his current side Sporting Lisbon, but the deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Everton are reportedly keen to sign Michail Antonio from West Ham United this summer. According to The Guardian, West Ham attacker Michail Antonio is firmly on the Everton radar in the summer transfer window.

Everton's transfer window finally appears to be gaining steam, and manager Sean Dyche is now hoping to fortify his offensive ranks with a swoop for Juventus teenager Samuel Iling-Junior. Italian outlet il BiancoNero revealed one week ago that Everton have displayed a concrete interest in Iling-Junior following El Bilal Toure's rejection of the Goodison Park side in favour of Atalanta.

Everton are now considering a loan move for Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana, who could be brought in as an alternative to Leeds United's Wilfried Gnonto, according to a report from Sky Sports. According to a recent report from Sky Sports, however, Everton may be growing frustrated in their pursuit of the Italian, and they could give up on their attempts to sign him, after having multiple approaches rejected by Leeds.

Demarai Gray has been heavily linked with a move away from Goodison Park, and journalist Paul Brown believes the Everton boss would let him leave for a suitable fee this summer, saying:

"I don't really think that Sean Dyche is that high on Demarai Gray. If the price is right from any of those clubs showing interest, I think they would let him go.

"It's clear that Everton don't have much of a transfer budget at the moment this summer. They will need to generate cash with sales if Dyche wants to bring in anybody else in areas of the squad that they have a greater need.

"I do still think that if anybody puts down serious money for Demarai Gray this summer, he probably will go."

TEAMtalk can reveal that Leeds winger Willy Gnonto has ruled out a move to Everton. The Italy star was one of their few bright sparks in a miserable season at Elland Road that ultimately ended in relegation. Now back in the second tier, the Whites have seen a plethora of stars quicky jump ship.

But Gnonto is one of the players that their new owners, 49ers Enterprises, want to keep. Everton have seen two bids rejected, the second totalling £20m, with Leeds’ stance is that he is not for sale.

Now we understand that Gnonto has made clear that a move to Sean Dyche’s side holds no appeal.

An exit looks to be on the cards for Demarai Gray as Everton chase Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana to replace him. The Daily Mail reported on 2 August that the Toffees have registered an interest in the Ghanian international after it has emerged Sean Dyche is willing to allow Demarai Gray to leave the club.

Everton approached Juventus earlier this summer with an enquiry over the availability of defender Koni De Winter, according to the Liverpool Echo. The newspaper reported on their website (2 August) that the Serie A giants had placed an £8.6million valuation on the 21-year-old centre-back amid interest from “hosts” of other European clubs.

Everton have told Erik ten Hag they won't strike a deal for rising defender Jarrad Branthwaite this summer. The Dutchman is said to be an avid fan of the 21-year-old who impressed on loan at PSV Eindhoven last season. Manchester United legend Ruud van Nistelrooy labelled Branthwaite a 'great talent' when working with him at PSV and ten Hag clearly sees the centre-back as a future star.

Everton have entered the race to sign former Manchester United captain Harry Maguire this summer, with Sean Dyche viewing the England international as the perfect option to complete the Goodison Park defence.

Serie A side Fiorentina are set to sign former Everton and Barcelona defender Yerry Mina and he will undergo a medical soon. Gianluca di Marzio has reported that Fiorentina were very keen on signing another defender this summer and they are now doing just that, with Mina set to arrive. He will arrive as a free agent after his release from Everton and he will undergo his medical tomorrow and he will arrive in Florence later today.
Keep Branthwaite and bring in Ilings-Junior and I'm almost optimistic about our prospects

Forest as well

Still spending of course...perhaps the rumours of them being 'open' to selling Brennan Johnson for the 'right price' are true.

Could see them trying for Iwobi if they get this money. Just a gut feeling.

Eze would be the jewel in the crown. If Thelwell is rebuilding (which i think he is) then if we bring in Chermiti we have the following u25:

PIckford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Garner
Onana
Iwobi Doucoure McNeil
Chermiti

Only four players short of having an 11 of u25s.

Once we achieve that (hopefully next summer) instead of looking at multiple signings we should be able to pinpoint one or two each summer.

Just need to focus on signing u23s and holding onto the best young players.

I see an opportunity in 2025 as from now until then we have 19 players out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back