Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean as a direct replacement. I suspect Palace would look to bring in 2 or 3 if they get that money. Palace will do what Palace always do and identify good young talent. But they are also light on numbers. Reckon they could get Iwobi for about £8-10m with a year left on his deal. Adds a bit of experience to go alongside whatever young talent they buy this summer.

Just always felt I could see Iwobi playing for Palace one day.

Keep Branthwaite and bring in Ilings-Junior and I'm almost optimistic about our prospects

Id be very happy if we sold Iwobi and Gray and replaced with Iling Junior (permanent) and Sulemana (loan with option).

Also Holgate + Godfrey/Keane and bring in De Winter.

Some great business there leaving us just needing an additional CM.

I wonder what today brings, another load of regurgitated rumours or some actual progress on signings?

Everton determined to unveil Chermiti signing to fans on Saturday, medical soon

Everton are determined to unveil the signing of Youssef Chermiti when the club face Sporting Lisbon on 5 August, according to Correio de Manha.
The Portuguese newspaper reported on page 16 of its print edition on 3 August that the 19-year-old is set to undergo his medical ahead of his move from Sporting to Goodison Park in the next 24 hours.

Id be very happy if we sold Iwobi and Gray and replaced with Iling Junior (permanent) and Sulemana (loan with option).

Also Holgate + Godfrey/Keane and bring in De Winter.

Some great business there leaving us just needing an additional CM.
In principle yes. The issue for me is that Iwobi is our only player who is capable of playing through the middle (low standards, I know). If we build the kind of team above, we'll be a handful on the counter and probably deliver a few more Brighton style results to better attacking sides, but we'd really struggle against sides that sit in against us.

Think we need a bit of guile too tbh.

Newcastle haven’t spent as much money I thought they would but they have got Champions league money now and will no doubt get a lot through Saudi sponsorship.

Villa are the ones to look out for re FFP. They have spent a lot in transfers and wages and look to me to be gambling on making the top 4. If they don’t then it might become very difficult for them
Top 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣 there's no way they're gambling on getting in the top 4.

In principle yes. The issue for me is that Iwobi is our only player who is capable of playing through the middle (low standards, I know). If we build the kind of team above, we'll be a handful on the counter and probably deliver a few more Brighton style results to better attacking sides, but we'd really struggle against sides that sit in against us.

Yes I'm hoping your gut feeling is wrong about an Iwobi sale. We need him next season...not a popular view, I know...but we also need to stop playing him on the wing. (Where he will almost definitely start against Fulham)

Top 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣 there's no way they're gambling on getting in the top 4.
I think they might push hard for it but whether they actually finish there is a different matter. Emery is a bloody good manager and he has Monchi there now with him. He is a hard task master and one of the best tactical guys about, Villa will surprise a few imo but yeah I'm not 100% convinced they will finish there over 38 games more flirt with it.

If we could move out Gray and Iwobi thats a big step in the right direction.

Iling Junior (perm) and Kamaldeen Sulemana (loan with option) and we have real pace out wide and players able to put a cross into Chermiti.

IF we can build a team of majority u25s then we wont need to have a scattergun approach any longer and instead can put all funds into say 2 players a summer.

Thats when we bring in a super 10 to open teams up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back