Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bs bill should befriend Todd boehly , Chelsea just bought 50 more players this transfer window after selling a couple to the Saudi l league, maybe a get a decent player on loan. But seriously if we don't have the funds should fully exhaust all of our loan options and properly utilize them unlike say the sketchy el ghazi deal two seasons ago

Wow. Looks like Richarlison is still missing us💙 come home!!

Let's be honest the lad didn't want to leave but we had to sell him.

Wish we could get him back but there's no chance of that unless spurs spend the kane money on a few good attackers and we can loan him back.

Che Adams....honestly reckon he'll be a popular player for us if he signs and people allow themselves to look past the stigma about him and actually watch him play.
He'll work his arse off for the team and score a few too. He will likely not get double figures - but even adding 7 or 8 goals a season to this team will be a huge upgrade. With Chermiti coming in for the longer term, I reckon it will be a decen bit of business, and light years ahead of our options from last season.

People need to chill a bit.

They will be on the sharp end of the FFP cycle soon..

Digne
Gerrard
Coutinho
D Carlos

Four big expensive millstones round their neck.
Gerrard left last Nov. We need two good LBs, Digne is one of them and very much part of the 1st team setup. Moreno has replaced Digne as first choice and he was only 11m. So 36m for two good LBs. Carlos is back in the team after injury and he is a quality CB to have in the squad. Couts hasn't worked out but Slippy may do us a favour and bring him to Saudi. Even still, I can't see FFP issues. Year end '21 the total loss (P&S loss will be less) was 32m and year end '22 profit was 6.5m. With 105m allowable losses I can't see how '23 will cause any P&S issues.

Che Adams....honestly reckon he'll be a popular player for us if he signs and people allow themselves to look past the stigma about him and actually watch him play.
He'll work his arse off for the team and score a few too. He will likely not get double figures - but even adding 7 or 8 goals a season to this team will be a huge upgrade. With Chermiti coming in for the longer term, I reckon it will be a decen bit of business, and light years ahead of our options from last season.

People need to chill a bit.
Here is how it goes with someone like Adams.

We all slate him before he's here
He scores a couple and plays well in the first month or so
People on here then say "i was wrong about him" and think we have a bargain
By christmas he will public enemy number 1 after not scoring in his last 12 games

He turns out to be what we originally thought
Were stuck with him for 2 years after this season.

Last edited:
Let's be honest the lad didn't want to leave but we had to sell him.

Wish we could get him back but there's no chance of that unless spurs spend the kane money on a few good attackers and we can loan him back.
Richy understands that. Both parties reluctantly did what had to be done. It's clear that Everton still is important to him. Absolutely love that.

Che Adams certainly isn't great but if i had a choice between him and Maupay it would be Adams all day long. When your attacking options and goal scoring records are as bad as ours, you take whatever you can get. Even if we can just add about 12 goals between two additional players this season it could be the difference between another relegation battle and boring mid table mediocrity.

Boring mid table mediocrity would be a godsend after the last 2 seasons.

By christmas he will public enemy number 1 after not scoring in hast 12 games

He'll be exactly what most of us think, but it very much depends on your point of view as to whether that's enough

He's an average-ish PL striker. He won't score loads (unlikely to get double figures) but he is a target man who'll get you up the pitch - what he does with his back to goal is underrated and he's a powerhouse of a fella, bullied Tarkowski (who's a big lad himself) at Goodison last season. A striker we can hit and get us up the pitch is of far greater use to us than someone like Maupay who genuinely serves no purpose in the system and style we play (and didn't under the last manager either).

With 12 months left on his contract, if the wages and fee are sensible enough, I'll understand the logic here as he's effectively a replacement in the event of a DCL injury, but at the same time the club are planning ahead with another, younger striker coming in who may eventually be able to replace DCL's level. I would have applied the same logic here to Michail Antonio too.

By christmas he will public enemy number 1 after not scoring in his last 12 games

100% mate. 100%.

You forgot the part where everyone starts trying to vault people when he scores with his arse against Burton Albion in the cup in his 7th appearance.

What I don’t get either is that Che Adams won’t be cheap either, they wanted £15-20m the last time we wanted him and their playing hardball with their player’s valuations this summer, their not letting anyone take them for a ride. So they must be prepared to let us pay peanuts up front and the rest on Klarna or else why aren’t we going for someone else for that kind of money?
If we pay over £9.9m for Che Adam’s the whole recruitment team needs firing out of a cannon.

And we should t be paying anywhere near £9.9m

He'll be exactly what most of us think, but it very much depends on your point of view as to whether that's enough

He's an average-ish PL striker. He won't score loads (unlikely to get double figures) but he is a target man who'll get you up the pitch - what he does with his back to goal is underrated and he's a powerhouse of a fella, bullied Tarkowski (who's a big lad himself) at Goodison last season. A striker we can hit and get us up the pitch is of far greater use to us than someone like Maupay who genuinely serves no purpose in the system and style we play (and didn't under the last manager either).

With 12 months left on his contract, if the wages and fee are sensible enough, I'll understand the logic here as he's effectively a replacement in the event of a DCL injury, but at the same time the club are planning ahead with another, younger striker coming in who may eventually be able to replace DCL's level. I would have applied the same logic here to Michail Antonio too.
Can't argue with any of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back