Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS Bobble's mate has retweeted the Echo story about us in talks for Che Adams.

If this is true, which it will be, what a woeful club. How has it taken this long to end up back here? Everton are just a sham of a club. No vision whatsoever. So many available forwards roughly within our budget, but no, not for Everton.

It also demonstrates the same thinking that has left us in our current situation - let's buy a backup for a permanently injured player, instead of someone who can genuinely replace him. This club properly does my head in.
A guy who knows a guy who knows a bit about Everton retweeting a tweet reporting a report in the Echo that we might be in tentative talks about a player. Relax. Breathe.

If this is true, which it will be, what a woeful club. How has it taken this long to end up back here? Everton are just a sham of a club. No vision whatsoever. So many available forwards roughly within our budget, but no, not for Everton.

It also demonstrates the same thinking that has left us in our current situation - let's buy a backup for a permanently injured player, instead of someone who can genuinely replace him. This club properly does my head in.
That's probably the board tbh, if the recruitment team are getting Chermiti then Bill will want his dose of PL experience.

Who's Benj's mate?...Mate

Aren't they doing both? They're investing in a kid who they hope can replace DCL and they're looking for a short term replacement in case DCL's fitness issues persist - Tbh I am fine with this approach

What I don’t get either is that Che Adams won’t be cheap either, they wanted £15-20m the last time we wanted him and their playing hardball with their player’s valuations this summer, their not letting anyone take them for a ride. So they must be prepared to let us pay peanuts up front and the rest on Klarna or else why aren’t we going for someone else for that kind of money?

I think Villa have the looks of a serious outfit..... Wouldn't surprise if they finish at least top 6.
I think goals may stop them. Watkins is usually a 15 a season at best. Beundia and Bailey don’t really score loads. Pressure on Daiby. And Tielemans scores the odd worldie as we know.

They will have to be one of the best defences to have a chance of top 6.

A guy who knows a guy who knows a bit about Everton retweeting a tweet reporting a report in the Echo that we might be in tentative talks about a player. Relax. Breathe.
Honestly mate, wish I could. But it's fair to say the club has previous.

Almost every time I have read an appalling transfer related story over Everton, there's ended up being some truth in it. Would be an unforgivable decision if true.

Like I said, it's not even like you could justify it by it being after year 1 of DCL's injury problems. If we sign Adams, there is a good chance he is our no 1 striker for the majority of the season and then we are bang in trouble. It wasn't enough for Southampton and they actually have better attacking/creative players than we do, by definition of the fact that we don't really have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back