Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, this is the reason we are run so badly, signing players who are on the way down for stupid money and stupid wages, when we have an excellent prospect in Branthwaite young hungry and very low wage, who united actually want (says it all) who is as good as maguire, yes he will make the odd mistake but so will maguire.

This board has to go it's as simple as that nothing will change whilst the clowns in charge have this ehos as a club, to consistently go down this route of signing players who are on the decline
This kind of thinking will see us relagated

I mean I'm hoping for a higher finish that 17th like, but fair play to Hunter that he's pretty much on the money with everything else
Last season, all of the bottom half was in a religation fight, for most of the season. We stayed up without a striker for most of it. We were only 8 points behind Chelsea in 12th.

Now I don't think Chelsea are going to do that again. But 8 points isn't that much over a season. It's definitely achievable.

Patterson was a transfer target for absolutely ages though wasn't he? back when Brands was DOF..
Yeah but again, the narrative is that Benitez nixed the livramento deal because he worried about inexperience. But then he was happy with Patterson who had played 7 games at the time. There are plenty of things to already hate him for but there's no chance we were actually in on Livramento

Last season, all of the bottom half was in a religation fight, for most of the season. We stayed up without a striker for most of it. We were only 8 points behind Chelsea in 12th.

Now I don't think Chelsea are going to do that again. But 8 points isn't that much over a season. It's definitely achievable.
I agree. Dyche had a number of difficult fixtures to get through when he came in and his PPG suggested that we could've ended up with as many as 44 points over the entire season, putting us comfortably near the top of the bottom half.

Avoiding relegation is, obviously, the main priority but personally I'll be disappointed if we don't clear the 40 point mark with at least a couple of games to spare.

This is a massive reach. Things are bad enough without making things up to try and make them seem worse.
It definitely makes us weaker as a squad in my opinion I think Begovic was a very good player to have and since we've had good options like Begovic and Olsen Pickfords form has improved maybe its the competition or maybe its just the standard in training. But now we're an injury to Pickford away from relying on a kid with no experience who I don't think is even very highly rated its a big risk.

It definitely makes us weaker as a squad in my opinion I think Begovic was a very good player to have and since we've had good options like Begovic and Olsen Pickfords form has improved maybe its the competition or maybe its just the standard in training. But now we're an injury to Pickford away from relying on a kid with no experience who I don't think is even very highly rated its a big risk.

begovic was crap, when he played in cup games it was like having a cardboard cut out in goal.

Virginia looked alright in preseason, hes a decent replacement

So you would rather have Mcguire who will be on humongous wages, who is on thd way down ? That is the reason we are in so much financial danger. Much rather keep Branthwaite he is the future, dear oh dear.
I didn't say anything about Mcguire, but wages aside, he'd likely be a safer bet for us than Branthwaite for this season.

begovic was crap, when he played in cup games it was like having a cardboard cut out in goal.

Virginia looked alright in preseason, hes a decent replacement
Agree with this. Virginia has been getting plenty of minutes this pre-season and has generally looked very assured, so I would assume that Dyche wants him in as Pickford's no. 2 this season.

So you would rather have Mcguire who will be on humongous wages, who is on thd way down ? That is the reason we are in so much financial danger. Much rather keep Branthwaite he is the future, dear oh dear.

Maguire in a Dyche type set up is a good CB imo. Can defend headers into the box all day long and decent attacking them at the other end.

Think he'll do well if he goes West Ham. Like Keane he isn't that suited to playing a high line which is what Utd often play.

For England under a more conservative manager he is pretty decent.

Branthwaite on the other hand is a complete unknown - playing well in Holland doesn't mean that'll translate to the PL (look at Utds £90m man Antony).

I dont see how this is true lol

Comments on defence and midfield are nonsensical.

Young + Branthwaite improve defence.

Garner who was mostly injured last season and Onana now have premier league experience and can be expected to improve our performances in midfield.

Danjuma is an improvement on Gordon and McNeil looked a different player after half the season

I hope you are right about Branthwaite mate. I guess there is a possibility that he is better than the trio of garbage, but it wasn’t so long ago that Godfrey was subject to the same level of hype that Branthwaite is receiving. It honestly won’t be a surprise to see Michael bloody Keane picked ahead of Branthwaite, so I think we really need to properly replace Mina to avoid a downgrade of our utterly wank defence.

The extra year of experience with Garner and Onana is countered by the extra year of ageing in Gueye, who is quite clearly on his way out imo. I actually think that our central midfield is okay, but I think our defence and attack is utterly woeful and even worse than last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back