Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not disagree more. Dyche is a very good man manager. In the same way that Ancelloti did he cares about the person rather than just seeing them as a player/number. (I am not saying as an all round manager Dyche is similar to Ancelloti, obviously not). Dele needs help to get his ‘head’ right rather than any tactical/skills training and Dyche is well equipped to do that. All said it’s still a big ask to rehabilitate Dele.
Totally agree with this. Dyche is a very positive relationship builder with his players and clearly cares about them. Not unlike Poch who has done a lot for Dele. Also in general think Everton are quite good at off field player care stuff. You don’t need to teach Dele how to play football, just help him feel better mentally , and I think for that he’s at the right club with the right boss.

- Mina loss makes us weaker
- Begovic loss makes us weaker
- Simms loss makes us slightly weaker
- Gray loss would make us weaker

+ Danjuma makes us stronger in attack
+ Young gives us a short-term defensive boost on the left.
+ Chermiti makes us slightly stronger up front
+ Branthwaite return makes us slightly stronger at the back

It's close but overall I'd say it is a weaker squad.

McNeil is already injured who was an important player.

A Pickford injury would be disastrous.

Form positives would be Garner and Doucoure who were important players under Dyche but didn't really feature under Lampard.
Some of those things haven't happened yet, also as much as I love Mina (huge in the run in) including him in making us weaker while at the same time using a McNeil injury is a little unfair.

Given the obviously dire financial situation I would hope our squad is more balanced with hints of future benefits, but fixing every problem and coming out stronger is pretty unlikely.

How are we in better shape?

Last season’s crap defence is even weaker, and is going to get turned over on a regular basis.

Our dodgy midfield remains the same.

Selling Gray to a relegation rival is going to weaken our already impotent attack, and this Chermiti feller is only a prospect that would have been behind Gyokeres at Sporting. It’s like adding a young prospective Anichebe or James Vaughan to the squad. It’s not enough.

I think Dyche will earn is money as a manager being paid to fight a relegation battle, but I think most other managers including some of the supposed better managers would experience relegation with this extremely poor squad of footballers.
I did say very slightly but OK. We Had Gray playing as CF for some games last season and now we have Danjuba and Chermiti to step in. Also we have cover for McNeil and Mykolenko in Young and that was a headache. In all likelihood we will sell three more players at least. Say that's Holgate Maupay and Gomes then any bodies brought in are likely to be an improvement, even if it's a small one. As I say, set fair for 16th

These are silly to speculate on really as they could be incredible or not good enough, we won’t know until they play a bit. Both have the attributes to be outstanding players but they’re young without proving it at premier league level.

Mina is the only real miss imo so hopefully Branthwaite can step up.

I think we’ll be stronger this season than last purely because Dyche is better than Lampard and I’m weirdly optimistic we’ll have another decent signing before the end of the window.

- Mina loss makes us weaker
- Begovic loss makes us weaker
- Simms loss makes us slightly weaker
- Gray loss would make us weaker

+ Danjuma makes us stronger in attack
+ Young gives us a short-term defensive boost on the left.

It's close but overall I'd say it is a weaker squad.

McNeil is already injured who was an important player.

A Pickford injury would be disastrous.

Form positives would be Garner and Doucoure who were important players under Dyche but didn't really feature under Lampard.
3 of those never played ffs

The maddest link all Summer McGuire, haha, wages alone are miles ahead of our pay grade, age, slower than what we've got, if that's even possible and he wouldn't even entertain us. Sports pages being filled so it looks like our recruitment team are actually doing something.
Wrong age, wrong price and on a downward curve performance wise, terrible potential signing and one we all know isn't happening. Its the kind of thing walshy and koeman would have done.

Maguire's current wages our less than we are paying for the absolutely useless trio of Keane, Godfrey and Holgate. He will have to reduce his wages significantly should he move away from United as nobody is going to match his current 190k a week. I think his new wages would be similar to Mina's wages at 120k per week.

He won't be coming to Everton. He will go to a more attractive club. But he'd improve our defence no end.

So as I implied fantasy made up news, never happening and column inches filled.

Some of those things haven't happened yet, also as much as I love Mina (huge in the run in) including him in making us weaker while at the same time using a McNeil injury is a little unfair.

Given the obviously dire financial situation I would hope our squad is more balanced with hints of future benefits, but fixing every problem and coming out stronger is pretty unlikely.

Injuries happen and really that is just my take on our first game rather than the squad.

Coleman is out injured too of course & Mykolenko ? + DCL is injury prone.

I would be concerned about Pickford as a single point of failure though.

You really want Dobbin as one of our frontline attacking players? Danjuma, McNeil, Dobbin and Iwobi as our only wide options screams relegation.
all part of rebalancing the team. if selling gray enables us to afford another central striker then why not.

getting rid of gbamin gomes holgate would make room too for the creative attacking
mid.

Injuries happen and really that is just my take on our first game rather than the squad.

Coleman is out injured too of course & Mykolenko ? + DCL is injury prone.

I would be concerned about Pickford as a single point of failure though.
I agree with you about Pickford I think its a very big risk to not have a reliable back up goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back