Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the recruitment team were pushing Guirassy last summer I'm surprised there's not a peep about him this summer, he's apparently available and wants to come to the PL.

View attachment 220965

Apparently got a €15m release clause aswell. Could have had him last season but I’d heard or read that it was Lampard that dithered on him. A loan deal was all but lined up and ready to go and then Lampard got cold feet

It’s looking VERY poor at present, with the squad being yet further downgraded from last season, and plans to sell players to our relegation rivals. It’s such a poor squad and they seem determined to make it even weaker.
It is very poor but I think we're probably in very slightly better shape than we were last season. Like 16th is a live possibility shape

I like Dele and there may be a manager out there who could coax him back to something like his best. Sincerely doubt that Dyche is that man
Could not disagree more. Dyche is a very good man manager. In the same way that Ancelloti did he cares about the person rather than just seeing them as a player/number. (I am not saying as an all round manager Dyche is similar to Ancelloti, obviously not). Dele needs help to get his ‘head’ right rather than any tactical/skills training and Dyche is well equipped to do that. All said it’s still a big ask to rehabilitate Dele.

I like Dele and there may be a manager out there who could coax him back to something like his best. Sincerely doubt that Dyche is that man

Considering dele has openly come out and said that a lot of his issues are mental, not sure why you think dyche isn't well suited. Seems to have a fairly good reputation in regards to man management.

If we weren't hamstrung by such an awkward deal, that has us gambling with money we should probably using elsewhere, then I'd be quite happy to have dele as a squad option.

It is very poor but I think we're probably in very slightly better shape than we were last season. Like 16th is a live possibility shape

How are we in better shape?

Last season’s crap defence is even weaker, and is going to get turned over on a regular basis.

Our dodgy midfield remains the same.

Selling Gray to a relegation rival is going to weaken our already impotent attack, and this Chermiti feller is only a prospect that would have been behind Gyokeres at Sporting. It’s like adding a young prospective Anichebe or James Vaughan to the squad. It’s not enough.

I think Dyche will earn is money as a manager being paid to fight a relegation battle, but I think most other managers including some of the supposed better managers would experience relegation with this extremely poor squad of footballers.

Hi Rom, remember when we were decent and competed for Europe whilst reaching semi finals and you left to go win Serie A and play in a champions league final (amongst other things) because you felt you were better then us?

Fancy a relegation battle lad?
Or, we are trying to improve but the league things you’re a failure because you went to United and Chelsea and they haven’t appreciated you. You will also go to a juventus who also have no European football next year.

Or, we are trying to improve but the league things you’re a failure because you went to United and Chelsea and they haven’t appreciated you. You will also go to a juventus who also have no European football next year.
I get it mate, there’s logic to him coming back and I think it’d be a good move for both parties but his ego won’t have it.
United, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Juventus are teams that we haven’t been on the same level as for a very long time and he sees himself as an elite level striker.

He wouldn’t even come back to the best we’ve been in the last 30 years let alone where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back