Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it mate, there’s logic to him coming back and I think it’d be a good move for both parties but his ego won’t have it.
United, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Juventus are teams that we haven’t been on the same level as for a very long time and he sees himself as an elite level striker.

He wouldn’t even come back to the best we’ve been in the last 30 years let alone where we are now.
If he can’t get the CL move he thinks he deserves, he will have Saudi to fall back on. Refreshing that he is at least trying to play proper football somewhere before resorting to that.

:o

looking forward to this going through...

Gray, Danjuma, McNeil, Iwobi, Dobbin

5 players for the wings. Even if we punt Gray we still have 4 which is 2 players for each position.

Dont need another unless...we sell...Iwobi ;)

You really want Dobbin as one of our frontline attacking players? Danjuma, McNeil, Dobbin and Iwobi as our only wide options screams relegation.

"Leapfrog" - I've not heard that one before
1691137067145.webp

How are we in better shape?

Last season’s crap defence is even weaker, and is going to get turned over on a regular basis.

Our dodgy midfield remains the same.

Selling Gray to a relegation rival is going to weaken our already impotent attack, and this Chermiti feller is only a prospect that would have been behind Gyokeres at Sporting. It’s like adding a young prospective Anichebe or James Vaughan to the squad. It’s not enough.

I think Dyche will earn is money as a manager being paid to fight a relegation battle, but I think most other managers including some of the supposed better managers would experience relegation with this extremely poor squad of footballers.
- Mina loss makes us weaker
- Begovic loss makes us weaker
- Simms loss makes us slightly weaker
- Gray loss would make us weaker

+ Danjuma makes us stronger in attack
+ Young gives us a short-term defensive boost on the left.
+ Chermiti makes us slightly stronger up front
+ Branthwaite return makes us slightly stronger at the back

It's close but overall I'd say it is a weaker squad.

McNeil is already injured who was an important player.

A Pickford injury would be disastrous.

Form positives would be Garner and Doucoure who were important players under Dyche but didn't really feature under Lampard.

The maddest link all Summer McGuire, haha, wages alone are miles ahead of our pay grade, age, slower than what we've got, if that's even possible and he wouldn't even entertain us. Sports pages being filled so it looks like our recruitment team are actually doing something.

The maddest link all Summer McGuire, haha, wages alone are miles ahead of our pay grade, age, slower than what we've got, if that's even possible and he wouldn't even entertain us. Sports pages being filled so it looks like our recruitment team are actually doing something.

Maguire's current wages our less than we are paying for the absolutely useless trio of Keane, Godfrey and Holgate. He will have to reduce his wages significantly should he move away from United as nobody is going to match his current 190k a week. I think his new wages would be similar to Mina's wages at 120k per week.

He won't be coming to Everton. He will go to a more attractive club. But he'd improve our defence no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back