Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire would be excellent signing for us. But that story clearly is United camp spreading stories to pressure Moyes to splash the cash
If this is true, this is the reason we are run so badly, signing players who are on the way down for stupid money and stupid wages, when we have an excellent prospect in Branthwaite young hungry and very low wage, who united actually want (says it all) who is as good as maguire, yes he will make the odd mistake but so will maguire.

This board has to go it's as simple as that nothing will change whilst the clowns in charge have this ehos as a club, to consistently go down this route of signing players who are on the decline

It’s looking VERY poor at present, with the squad being yet further downgraded from last season, and plans to sell players to our relegation rivals. It’s such a poor squad and they seem determined to make it even weaker.

I dont see how this is true lol

How are we in better shape?

Last season’s crap defence is even weaker, and is going to get turned over on a regular basis.

Our dodgy midfield remains the same.

Selling Gray to a relegation rival is going to weaken our already impotent attack, and this Chermiti feller is only a prospect that would have been behind Gyokeres at Sporting. It’s like adding a young prospective Anichebe or James Vaughan to the squad. It’s not enough.

I think Dyche will earn is money as a manager being paid to fight a relegation battle, but I think most other managers including some of the supposed better managers would experience relegation with this extremely poor squad of footballers.

Comments on defence and midfield are nonsensical.

Young + Branthwaite improve defence.

Garner who was mostly injured last season and Onana now have premier league experience and can be expected to improve our performances in midfield.

Danjuma is an improvement on Gordon and McNeil looked a different player after half the season

You really want Dobbin as one of our frontline attacking players? Danjuma, McNeil, Dobbin and Iwobi as our only wide options screams relegation.

I dont think its a big stretch to see Dobbin as a 4th choice wide player.

Move Iwobi on and replace with Sulemana or Iling Junior and we'll look far superior to last season.

Id take Maguire on a season loan only.

With the caveat that both Keane, Holgate and Godfrey are sold and we sign De Winter as well.

Branthwaite and De Winter could learn a lot from him and Tarkowski to improve their development.

In no way would i sign him on a permanent.

Where did you get that from mate? I really like him. Always moving the ball forward and has the ability to open teams up with a pass.

Literally never takes people on or carries the ball though. I think we need a player who drives with the ball like a Sulemana or Gnonto, but Flips would be a good signing if he was cheap.
In deepest darkest depths of twitter mate...had a little watch of him on the old YouTube. Very unorthodox and could pick a lovely pass.

- Mina loss makes us weaker
- Begovic loss makes us weaker
- Simms loss makes us slightly weaker
- Gray loss would make us weaker

+ Danjuma makes us stronger in attack
+ Young gives us a short-term defensive boost on the left.
+ Chermiti makes us slightly stronger up front
+ Branthwaite return makes us slightly stronger at the back

It's close but overall I'd say it is a weaker squad.

McNeil is already injured who was an important player.

A Pickford injury would be disastrous.

Form positives would be Garner and Doucoure who were important players under Dyche but didn't really feature under Lampard.

This is a massive reach. Things are bad enough without making things up to try and make them seem worse.

There’s no way United let him leave on loan
I'm sure they would.. if somebody offered 200k a week towards his salary. He's nowhere near worth that though and can you imagine the unease that would create at most clubs seeing such a terrible player come in and instantly become, by far, the highest paid member of the squad?

Like Benitez had anything to do with Patterson. He was out the door 5 mins later.
No idea who did have something to do with Patterson then considering our director of football, chief scout and head of recruitment were already out the door. But if he didn't veto Patterson he also didn't veto Livramento

I honestly don’t get why we don’t go all out for Lukaku. It would seem the whole Inter/Juventus transfer merry go round is becoming a problem for Chelsea as it’s swop with Vhalovic and also pay Juventus 30m.

I’m if I’m Everton I’m defo making an enquiry here. He arguably played his best football here, he is desperate to leave Chelsea, we were about to spend 30m on an unknown striker, why don’t we approach Chelsea with a loan and obligation to buy next year. Or give them an offer with loads of add on’s. Imagine Danjuma, Lukaku, Sulumana. I get Lukaku could say not a chance but why not at least have a go.
It's a romantic but implausible notion in my mind , during his tenure here any time he was doing international duty it was a regular feature for him to condescendly boast about his aspirations for a more prestigious level of football also mosh said some very distasteful/racist comments about his mother and voodoo , so I don't think he would be super keen on returning especially to a team that dodged relegation

No idea who did have something to do with Patterson then considering our director of football, chief scout and head of recruitment were already out the door. But if he didn't veto Patterson he also didn't veto Livramento
Patterson was a transfer target for absolutely ages though wasn't he? back when Brands was DOF..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back