Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
i expected changes. silly me

give me 15th now.

but if we don’t make it then it’s on you know who

I wouldn’t take 15th now, no chance. I expect things to look a lot different in the next week or 2.

If DCL can play 25+ games and we bring in the lad from Sporting. Add in 1 of Sulamena or Gnoto, maybe both if Sulemena is on loan and then loan someone like Harry Maguire (a much better and fitter version of Mina) then we’d be a very strong side and IMO, the surprise package of the season.

Obviously lot of ifs and buts there but something like that improves us a lot without a huge outlay and from all the things where hearing, it’s the type of business we seem to be looking to do.

Chelsea have told defender Trevoh Chalobah that he can depart Stamford Bridge now, with Everton wanting to sign the 24-year-old, according to Team Talk.
The football news website reported on Saturday (5 August) that Chalobah had been told that he would be allowed to leave after the Blues opted to sign Monaco defender Axel Disasi following Wesley Fofana’s injury.

I really like him.
Me too, I like him a lot. I’d love him here.

I wouldn’t take 15th now, no chance. I expect things to look a lot different in the next week or 2.

If DCL can play 25+ games and we bring in the lad from Sporting. Add in 1 of Sulamena or Gnoto, maybe both if Sulemena is on loan and then loan someone like Harry Maguire (a much better and fitter version of Mina) then we’d be a very strong side and IMO, the surprise package of the season.

are you for real?

are you for real?

No Matt, I’m just saying it the way I see it, things can and do change very quick.

I don’t think people realise how big the holes were in our first team squad last year. Without DCL and ample back ups elsewhere it was like playing with 9 men at times. A fit DCL transforms this team to the team that tore Arsenal and a Brighton apart.

All the above deals are being talked about (Chermiti, Sulemena, Gnoto, Maguire) some of them happening is very realistic following the additions of Danjuma and Young that we’ve already made (plus the return of Branthwaite).

The key is DCL staying fit and us bringing in a competent back up.

I honestly think relegation awaits us. Maybe we squeak out again but the mistakes of proscrastination and or not enough contingencies in the market add up and appear in future squads. I understand FFP restrictions, the clubs financial peril, but the lack of clarity is a bit beyond me. Teams run at deficits all the time and make moves. They are making matchday revenue, have a global brand compared to plenty in the first division, we are still garnering Premier League payments. It just doesnt add up unless there is a really bad mess.

One can look at the lack of business and maybe 2 more additions before the close of the window and think thats sufficient. Maybe it will be for a year again, but our reality is not in a vacuum, its compared to competitors. I look at Bournemouth, they have been making astute deals over multiple windows now. Sell ons and reinvestment are looming. They might not master the model compared to say the Seagulls but they are making the right steps. Compare the Cherries resources and media market and this discussion gets really depressing.

I hope we bring in a Striker, Right Winger, Left Back or Centerback. Like many have names that wouldnt break the bank but the larger scope is that this club doesnt have a competent model, and one hit in each transfer window isnt going to save that. They don't have a methodology in approach, they patch leaks, replace a player 1 for 1 removed of larger context. We keep doing that and we will be underwater. I hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:
No Matt, I’m just saying it the way I see it, things can and do change very quick.

I don’t think people realise how big the holes were in our first team squad last year. Without DCL and ample back ups elsewhere it was like playing with 9 men at times. A fit DCL transforms this team to the team that tore Arsenal and a Brighton apart.

All the above deals are being talked about (Chermiti, Sulemena, Gnoto, Maguire) some of them happening is very realistic following the additions of Danjuma and Young that we’ve already made (plus the return of Branthwaite).

Just about the ‘transformation’ when DCL plays.
Was in the squad 17 times last season (15 starts)

With him P 17 pts 14
Without him P 19 pts 22

Not exactly transformative. Had a great game v Brighton and a good half v Arsenal but didn’t actually do a lot else.

i hope you are correct mate!

Just about the ‘transformation’ when DCL plays.
Was in the squad 17 times last season (15 starts)

With him P 17 pts 14
Without him P 19 pts 22

Not exactly transformative. Had a great game v Brighton and a good half v Arsenal but didn’t actually do a lot else.

Can you break down those stats to games when Lampard was here and Dyche was in charge? I’d genuinely be interested to see them.

I don’t think we need stats though, I’m sure you’ll admit yourself that we’re look a different side with DCL there.

Even those performances towards the end of the season at Wolves (when he was on the pitch), Leicester…His impact may not have been reflected in the points but the performances were very promising IMO and the difference when he went off was frightening.

It’s going to take some clever business but it wouldn’t be a surprise to me to see us do well this season if some of the talked about deals happen.

Can you break down those stats to games when Lampard was here and Dyche was in charge? I’d genuinely be interested to see them.

I don’t think we need stats though, I’m sure you’ll admit yourself that we’re look a different side with DCL there.

Even those performances towards the end of the season at Wolves (when he was on the pitch), Leicester…His impact may not have been reflected in the points but the performances were very promising IMO and the difference when he went off was frightening.

It’s going to take some clever business but it wouldn’t be a surprise to me to see us do well this season if some of the talked about deals happen.

We absolutely need that physical presence up front, I’d just prefer it to be someone more reliable.

Chelsea have told defender Trevoh Chalobah that he can depart Stamford Bridge now, with Everton wanting to sign the 24-year-old, according to Team Talk.
The football news website reported on Saturday (5 August) that Chalobah had been told that he would be allowed to leave after the Blues opted to sign Monaco defender Axel Disasi following Wesley Fofana’s injury.

I really like him.
Best sign him rapid with tarks taking a knock

Obviously lot of ifs and buts there but something like that improves us a lot without a huge outlay and from all the things where hearing, it’s the type of business we seem to be looking to do.
no

Not a chance they loan maguire unless is a fixed option that we buy him and well no chance we afford his wages. Unless he takes a massive cut, top earner here is 120 i think. but agree do think we will have a better season if we can bring in another dcl style cf, played most of the season without one and think dyche will have this team alot more ready thwn lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back