Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think relegation awaits us. Maybe we squeak out again but the mistakes of proscrastination and or not enough contingencies in the market add up and appear in future squads. I understand FFP restrictions, the clubs financial peril, but the lack of clarity is a bit beyond me. Teams run at deficits all the time and make moves. They are making matchday revenue, have a global brand compared to plenty in the first division, we are still garnering Premier League payments. It just doesnt add up unless there is a really bad mess.

One can look at the lack of business and maybe 2 more additions before the close of the window and think thats sufficient. Maybe it will be for a year again, but our reality is not in a vacuum, its compared to competitors. I look at Bournemouth, they have been making astute deals over multiple windows now. Sell ons and reinvestment are looming. They might not master the model compared to say the Seagulls but they are making the right steps. Compare the Cherries resources and media market and this discussion gets really depressing.

I hope we bring in a Striker, Right Winger, Left Back or Centerback. Like many have names that wouldnt break the bank but the larger scope is that this club doesnt have a competent model, and one hit in each transfer window isnt going to save that. They don't have a methodology in approach, they patch leaks, replace a player 1 for 1 removed of larger context. We keep doing that and we will be underwater. I hope i'm wrong.
I think if we don't make additions we will struggle if we do we will be fine. We look more structured under Dyche. But yes we do need those additions

Totally agree we need another CB option but just don’t see it as realistic until we shift Holgate or maybe Godfrey. With those two, and Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Keane we have 5 CB on the books.

*Not saying they’re good enough, just being realistic.

Branthwaite has looked to be our second best CB in his two halves of play posy Euro u21s. I hope Dyche sees it the same way. We need an upgrade on Holgate/Godfrey as the pacy, mobile option.
Only reason i can see him not starting is because he went away with the u21 agree with you i would like see him in the team as the lcb between tark and young

Club will be playing the " couldn't get anyone in " / " freak injury crisis " cards as we struggle through the first 3-4 weeks.
Paper thin squad littered with crap .... easily forseeable that we needed signings in particular areas for the last few seasons.
Frustrating but consistent Everton !

17 year old Sam Curtis (left or right back) played his 50th game (and scored his 3rd goal of the season) last night for St Pats in the Irish premier league.

Versatile, experienced, young and 1m should seal it. It’s the type of punt we should be taking in these tight times.
Should atleast be watching and getting reports on the player, prob the price would be even lower than that. Is an area we need to be looking at plenty of players denmark ireland ect we could get for a lot less who have talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back