Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of urgency from the club is pretty astounding
Any sensible club in our position would have a plan A and B as to how they want to play this coming season. They would get the players needed to fit that system even if they weren't the top players we'd like. They'd have a full preseason to get to the top level of fitness possible and be drilled and drilled again in the system so that on the opening day they'd all be on the same page. But we'll still be trying to get free agents in at 11.59:59 on deadline day.

A big asset.

I hope Dyche is telling him that he'll get a starting place and reminds him that he wont have to change address and go to the capital.

Tarkowski + Maguire would lock it up at the back for us and hand us an attacking threat from coroners and free kicks.

Good points Dave.

Playing lowly teams in pre season hasn’t given the club the reality check it clearly needs.
I’m sure they have been working hard for signings within whatever constraints we have, but to start the season with pretty much the same team is scary. McNeill will be a big miss.

Playing lowly teams in pre season hasn’t given the club the reality check it clearly needs.
I’m sure they have been working hard for signings within whatever constraints we have, but to start the season with pretty much the same team is scary. McNeill will be a big miss.

i expected changes. silly me

give me 15th now.

but if we don’t make it then it’s on you know who

Any sensible club in our position would have a plan A and B as to how they want to play this coming season. They would get the players needed to fit that system even if they weren't the top players we'd like. They'd have a full preseason to get to the top level of fitness possible and be drilled and drilled again in the system so that on the opening day they'd all be on the same page. But we'll still be trying to get free agents in at 11.59:59 on deadline day.
We're just all in the dark at the end of the day aren't we mate, transfers can clearly be very complicated and drawn out, but that being said you have to question whether we even have any significant amount of transfer kitty? What is the current position with FFP? Sell to buy? Where/when MSP? Whats Kenwright’s position, what was the cost to the club of the recent board member dismissals, etc etc etc.

I'm sorry to say it but it's just unrealistic to expect transfer dealings to be precise and efficient or even in any way timely considering the general and consistent incompetence of the senior management team.

A slight positive however, if we secure a decent ish back up striker and sign no one else at all - worst case scenario obviously, I feel we will have enough to stay up this season

We're just all in the dark at the end of the day aren't we mate, transfers can clearly be very complicated and drawn out, but that being said you have to question whether we even have any significant amount of transfer kitty? What is the current position with FFP? Sell to buy? Where/when MSP? Whats Kenwright’s position, what was the cost to the club of the recent board member dismissals, etc etc etc.

I'm sorry to say it but it's just unrealistic to expect transfer dealings to be precise and efficient or even in any way timely considering the general and consistent incompetence of the senior management team.

A slight positive however, if we secure a decent ish back up striker and sign no one else at all - worst case scenario obviously, I feel we will have enough to stay up this season
I take your point,but if we'd just looked at the money at our disposal at a set time then looked for players who we could afford,rather than chasing targets and offering ridiculously low down payments only to be strung out by the sellers. We'll end up with players who aren't match fit, unsure of what their roll is and will give up valuable points in games where on paper we have a chance of making a steady start.

Chelsea have told defender Trevoh Chalobah that he can depart Stamford Bridge now, with Everton wanting to sign the 24-year-old, according to Team Talk.
The football news website reported on Saturday (5 August) that Chalobah had been told that he would be allowed to leave after the Blues opted to sign Monaco defender Axel Disasi following Wesley Fofana’s injury.

I really like him.

Chelsea have told defender Trevoh Chalobah that he can depart Stamford Bridge now, with Everton wanting to sign the 24-year-old, according to Team Talk.
The football news website reported on Saturday (5 August) that Chalobah had been told that he would be allowed to leave after the Blues opted to sign Monaco defender Axel Disasi following Wesley Fofana’s injury.

I really like him.

zat, stop all this made up footy stuff

Sensible and club I knew right away that was never us 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back