Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed Holgate wasn't on the bench today. Any news that's he's injured or is this a sign he might be getting sold soon?
No way is he getting sold with the astronomical wages he is on unfortunately,best we can hope for is a loan deal,possibly even us contributing to his wages.

When Dyche spoke so firmly about the need for us to be realistic, I think he was alluding to the financial ruins that Everton football club is built upon.

Given the circumstances, I think we've done very well this window to strengthen in a lot of areas that we struggled with last season. I'd like to see one or two more faces come in for sure, but I also think that if Patterson and DCL can remain fit all season - we'll be safe and probably push into mid table pretty comfortably.
🤣

I also think we could survive, maybe even a few spots above the drop, but the larger feeling is that we are not ensuring safety longterm. All the decisions are to ward off the immediate, when the majority of clubs in a similar table position are also having an eye towards the future. Splitting the difference in immediate impact and long term maturation of talent. We are treating those as two separate columns in our links and limited business. Beyond this season the trajectory compared to the counterparts looks grim. A couple additions this window may be all thats needed to get to safety but Im worried about the seasons coming. I dont see enough in the pipeline to think that we will keep this charade of quick fixes going.
I agree mate and I don't see it changing until the owner changes and entire board and organisation change.

When Dyche spoke so firmly about the need for us to be realistic, I think he was alluding to the financial ruins that Everton football club is built upon.

Given the circumstances, I think we've done very well this window to strengthen in a lot of areas that we struggled with last season. I'd like to see one or two more faces come in for sure, but I also think that if Patterson and DCL can remain fit all season - we'll be safe and probably push into mid table pretty comfortably.

Some wild delusion here I’m afraid.

I'm a bit confused how we have strengthened without signing a permanent transfer for a fee

This is not realistic expectations at all. The things you've mentioned are very unlikely to happen.

The only thing promising about our off-season is we seem to have a few of the younger guys looking ready to step up. That in no way excuses the lack of signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back