Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has good feet but the trouble is he doesn't know what to do with the ball they carry. Head down trying to slalom through challenge after challenge.

I said a while ago about Gnonto: he is not a team player. A team player has their head up and only reverts to jinking in and out of 2/3 defenders as a very last resort...but that's his starting point.

Undoubtedly he has skills, but he has no discipline or judgment and therefore is not a PL standard player.
Richarlison was the king of running into people, and everyone loved him.

If he was fit to start and play 45 minutes yesterday then surely the minimum he’s capable of one week later would be…..starting and playing 45 minutes?
You would like to think so, but we have to trust dyche and his backroom staff. They will have all the data over last few years, of how he trained, how mins has he played and what recovery he does. Dyche is right they need to change something in the cycle otherwise it will just happen again. I am in the camp that dcl should be expected to be out for the most of the season. So we should have planned accordingly. Still a few weeks left to go so they may surprise us. I do believe they are waiting to the end of the window to get loan players in when teams have strengthened and have no use for certain players. It’s sad state but that where we find ourselves financially at present.

If he was fit to start and play 45 minutes yesterday then surely the minimum he’s capable of one week later would be…..starting and playing 45 minutes?
Competitive game is different I would bring him on around the 60-70 minute mark, If that went well, maybe start him the next game and bring him off on the hour mark.

I don't see us getting higher than 15th/16th playing 4-5-1 regardless of whether we had an entire new frontline or not. It just doesn't offer enough of a threat to the opposition and it's easy to play against for most teams in the league.
Don’t think the formation is the problem, we usually have two wingers which was more than we had when Lukaku and Barkley played.
Unfortunately we just can’t sustain pressure up there for a striker to get a chance.

Based on Dyche's results with last years squad we would have finished 11th, so I think they view mid-table as not only attainable but expected. Regardless of formation I think too many have been condition to believe the team is worse than it is(its not good, mind you) because of Lampard. At no time(in the past 25 years) has Everton played anywhere close to a relegation level except the last few months of Benitez, and throughout the reign of Lampard.
That's all very theoretical and I will believe it when I see it tbh.

Don’t think the formation is the problem, we usually have two wingers which was more than we had when Lukaku and Barkley played.
Unfortunately we just can’t sustain pressure up there for a striker to get a chance.
It's a huge problem given the way most other teams play, It lacks any purpose about it, offers no threat to the opposition, is fairly easy to play against. If you are going to play with wingers and one up top then midfield simply MUST get up in support, how many times did we see players with nobody to cross to because they were all still sat back, that's down to poor tactics and players not knowing what to do mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back