Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re. likelihood of more strikers... everyone has quoted the first bit of the Egg's DCL update, but it was the latter parts that stood out more for me:

"We tried to break it last season; we nearly got there, but it didn’t quite work. Now we have to be cautious to make sure that he is well, which he is.​
"You saw that today, but we have to make sure he is over everything and clear minded and his body is clear as well. All problems can be remedied in the human body; it is just some bodies take longer than others."​
They are clearly thinking they can get all or most of a season out of him.

That said, I still have a feeling we'll get Dia.
Hope so has out of the names we have left that have come from the media prob the best choice. Has gone quiet the maupay talk to them and that he has been getting game time here.

the fact that we sitting here waiting for the medical of a 19 year old kid that essentially is just project at this point a week before the start if the league is nuts
Honestly was thinking this before, we’ve been institutionalised by the mess that is Everton Football Club

In my view, Chermiti an upgrade on maupay, Danjuma an upgrade on gray. They didn’t get us relegated last year and we have improved them.
Wet need to stop using the Maupay test for new signings. It's completely pointless and just keeps you to rationalizing the addition of players not fit for purpose.

We need a reliable CF ego can hold the ball up, occupy defenders, score goals and bring others into play. My initial thoughts are that this new lad isn't that (yet) so we need more.

So Boyland is saying that after Chermitti we are moving our priority to a winger. Doesn't sound promising on the striker front does it?

Also see kicker saying that Forest are in for Guirassy. Would worry me if they get another capable forward. As bad are Forest are, getting the ball in the net makes all the difference.
What’s crazy is our inability to do more than one deal simultaneously

Michael Keane was on a one man mission to get us relegated in the second half of last season and he’ll be playing as first choice this year.
It's unbelievable. To see your best defender go and have your worst defender become the main man is just asking for relegation. I'm positive this actually is purposeful.

You can't really compare the players, Completely different attributes. But yeah I'd say Bergkamp was a Rolls Royce of a player.
Completely mate my issue isn't that as Bergkamp was a tremendous player and not just because I pretended to be him in the school yard.

It is that Rice is somehow bizarrely shoehorned in as a comparison as of a similar stature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back