Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we need 2 wide players and another forward after, as expected, chermiti signs. For me iwobi isn’t a wide player, his best position is in the middle, I’d feel a lot more confident if we went into the season with McNeil, danjuma plus 2 more wide players with DCL, chermiti and a more experienced forward.
Centre back is a strange one because we do need one as Keane, holgate and Godfrey aren’t good enough, but we’ve already got 5 on the books and can’t see us moving for one unless 1 or 2 of them leave.

So Boyland is saying that after Chermitti we are moving our priority to a winger. Doesn't sound promising on the striker front does it?

Also see kicker saying that Forest are in for Guirassy. Would worry me if they get another capable forward. As bad are Forest are, getting the ball in the net makes all the difference.

So Boyland is saying that after Chermitti we are moving our priority to a winger. Doesn't sound promising on the striker front does it?

Also see kicker saying that Forest are in for Guirassy. Would worry me if they get another capable forward. As bad are Forest are, getting the ball in the net makes all the difference.
Whats a Boyland?

I think we likely view Danjuma as being one of the 3 strikers. So one other winger essentially means 3 CFs as DCL, Chermiti and Danjuma and 4 wingers as McNeil, Danjuma, Dobbin and a new one. (Also with Iwobi as a potential 5th option when Danjuma is a striker).

So is its completely beyond us to be working on more than 1 deal at a time?

Re. likelihood of more strikers... everyone has quoted the first bit of the Egg's DCL update, but it was the latter parts that stood out more for me:

"We tried to break it last season; we nearly got there, but it didn’t quite work. Now we have to be cautious to make sure that he is well, which he is.​
"You saw that today, but we have to make sure he is over everything and clear minded and his body is clear as well. All problems can be remedied in the human body; it is just some bodies take longer than others."​
They are clearly thinking they can get all or most of a season out of him.

That said, I still have a feeling we'll get Dia.

I still think we need 2 wide players and another forward after, as expected, chermiti signs. For me iwobi isn’t a wide player, his best position is in the middle, I’d feel a lot more confident if we went into the season with McNeil, danjuma plus 2 more wide players with DCL, chermiti and a more experienced forward.
Centre back is a strange one because we do need one as Keane, holgate and Godfrey aren’t good enough, but we’ve already got 5 on the books and can’t see us moving for one unless 1 or 2 of them leave.
Yep, and we've been needing to do it a few transfer windows.

I think we likely view Danjuma as being one of the 3 strikers. So one other winger essentially means 3 CFs as DCL, Chermiti and Danjuma and 4 wingers as McNeil, Danjuma, Dobbin and a new one. (Also with Iwobi as a potential 5th option when Danjuma is a striker).

Will need to be one hell of a good winger then as that bunch will get us relegated.

Hed be a great DM i think and can cover full back and as you say centre back also.
Yeah is why can see something in it as can play a few positions. Or a player similar who can cover both positions.
Yeah hope that your wrong, is hard to tell as is still so many players here. Could be the holgate maupay deals that we need to move out before we can bring players in for them postions. I would be looking for another cf after last season is just to much of a risk not to bring another in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back