Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wrote us off we were that bad.

Down by March, you said.

Like most, you believed we'd go down right to the end.

.... but you're now holding it against Dyche that he only kept us up by the skin of our teeth? lol

Dyche kept us up - that's all that matters.
Errrr we’re have I held it against Dyche??

Just like the other “facts” which seem to have upset a lot, the truth was we survived on the last game of the season

That’s just what happened unfortunately

Surely you can appreciate this:

Under Lampard in 22/23 we took 15 points from 20 games. 0.75 points per game, which ultimately would have worked out at 28-29 points at the end of the season.

Under Dyche we took 21 points from 18 games, which is 1.16 points per game. Average that over a 38 game season and you get 44-45 points.

One ends in distant relegation, the other in mid-table security.

Yes, win percentage is an important measure, but in this instance it doesn’t even begin to show the gulf in what Dyche got out of our team points wise compared to Lampard. What’s more, he did it with and even worse squad than Lampard, with no new signings and having one of our better players and leading scorers at the time (Gordon) sold.

No-one is suggesting that Dyche is Guardiola, but he’s a far, far better man for this job than Lampard.
So how many games did he win and how many did Lampard win

That’s all I said

But everyone has started crying

This nonsense about Nick Pope saving Everton from being relegated is very stupid even my preschool daughter doesn't see things that simply.

It’s not that stupid - it was the final week of the season and if he didn’t make the save then staying up was completely out of our hands with 1 game left.

1. He's better than Frank Lampard.
2. We were down if we kept Lampard last season.
3. Appreciation should be shown towards Dyche for what was a remarkable achievement in keeping us in the league.
4. Currently, it's about trying to stay in the league and there's no other manager I can think of who I think we could/should currently replace him with.

Just as well points count.

This was you mate;

Yeah, you. The above post was during Brighton in Jan.

We played 3 more after that - lost them all, 2 league games - one to bottom of the league Southampton at Goodison.

Dyche then come in and kept us up.

Show a little appreciation eh?

HEZ HEZ.

It’s not that stupid - it was the final week of the season and if he didn’t make the save then staying up was completely out of our hands with 1 game left.
Well its stupid because you could say the same thing about any moment in the season that one was no different to anything else that happened so you could just as easily say if Dom had scored from 1cm out against Leicester we'd have been safe by then thats just football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back