Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran Maguire drops £16m Everton reveal as record-breaking deal agreed​

Everton signing a new shirt sleeve sponsorship deal will help the club avoid another ‘close dance’ with FFP.

That is the view of finance expert Kieran Maguire, who spoke exclusively to Football Insider about the Toffees’ ‘absolutely critical’ need to increase revenue streams

Well its stupid because you could say the same thing about any moment in the season that one was no different to anything else that happened so you could just as easily say if Dom had scored from 1cm out against Leicester we'd have been safe by then thats just football.

The Pope save kept staying up in our hands. I don’t think that’s disputable.

If Kane is staying at spurs, MSP could really endear themselves with the fans and bring Ricky back on loan with some obligation to buy. Pipe dream but oh well

The Pope save kept staying up in our hands. I don’t think that’s disputable.
Yes in the same way that everything else that happened over the whole season upto that point led us to where we were like I just said. A goalie whos job it is to make saves made a save in one game out of a 38 game season its stupid to say that that save is the reason Everton stayed up because the same could be said about anything.

What’s the latest on Gray? Taking a long time this one.
Waiting for us to sign somebody or most probably making sure he cant play against us effectively on Saturday by making him not match fit or not agreeing to the sale till afterwards.
If Kane is staying at spurs, MSP could really endear themselves with the fans and bring Ricky back on loan with some obligation to buy. Pipe dream but oh well
MSP have lent us some money to finish the Stadium mate, they wont be getting involved in transfers.

Yes in the same way that everything else that happened over the whole season upto that point led us to where we were like I just said. A goalie whos job it is to make saves made a save in one game out of a 38 game season its stupid to say that that save is the reason Everton stayed up because the same could be said about anything.

If he didn’t make the save then staying up was out of our hands.
If you want to talk about Maupay missing a chance in November then that’s fine, but it doesn’t make that statement any less true.

Far better? Didnt he win 1 more game?

Ive no major issue with Dyche hes here now, I will support him, but hes a very bad manager, not Lampard bad, but the fella has no idea how to set up teams for victory, only to avoid defeat.
He took over a team that was used to getting beat, had a harder run of fixtures , everybody had us going down , me included,
Dyche keeping us up can't be underrated .

Lampard is an abomination of a manager who our board nearly let take the club down cause to some fans 'he got us'.

Dyche, whilst not being anything special, has way more pedigree as a manager. I don't think people truly realise the enormity of the job he had (same squad as Lampard MINUS our top scorer at the time) and still managed to keep us up despite pretty much every fan resigning ourselves to relegation.

If he didn’t make the save then staying up was out of our hands.
If you want to talk about Maupay missing a chance in November then that’s fine, but it doesn’t make that statement any less true.
I'm agreeing with you though! If you want to look at things in a very simple way and look at that moment on its own without any context then Pope making that save was a very important thing i haven't disagreed with that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back