Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That term gets used far to much doesn’t it ?
Same as world class being used to much.
Bergkamp was so elegant , not big, not fast, not really that strong, he was just pure intelligence and technique .

Zidane was similar in the way the caressed the football and looked like they were moving slower than everyone yet nobody could get near them
To right m8, it's basically killed the term.

Being classed as 'World Class' nowadays, has lost its Stature/Meaning.

Look at Chelsea for instance, they have just spent over 700mil on World class players/prospects.

It just doesn't hold any meaning anymore.

players like Bergkamp and like you said Zidane.
Different level m8, played the game at there own pace and pulled off the magic, without battering an eyelid.

It was just natural and a different level to those around them..

( You even have to explain it differently, as those terms have just been over run..

Someone at the club has had a hard on for jebbison for about 2 years and It’s very weird.
honest to god wouldnt see any reason to get him: same profile as the Portuguese lad, we have Cannon / Dobbin for the future.
probably the poster put some recent gossip together. Dont belive this is happening. Start talking to Southampton to ship Holgate to them

I was as supportive of the appointment of Frank Lampard as anybody else. I really hoped it would work out and I still feel he is a thoroughly nice man.... dreadful manager but a nice man.

The board sat on their hands for too long and it nearly cost us the ultimate penalty. Frank then went on to do an even worse job at Chelsea.

However, for the first time in several years I believe the club have finally made the correct appointment as Sean Dyche being appointed showed the board finally accepting where Everton stands as a club currently rather that some delusional thought that we are better than we really are.

We need to sign more players this summer in key areas and I think we will get some , maybe not everything we need but at least some of the way.
Twelve months ago we brought in Onana, Garner,McNeill and Tarkowski and these have all made a positive impact in the club and if we can replicate something like this then I think we are heading in the right direction and building a better squad.

However, we do need to realise that this is a gradual rebuild and will not happen immediately. The signing of Chermiti, Onana, McNeill and Garner are the building blocks of a team for two or three seasons down the line if we can keep them that long.

I can't say the future is bright but I can say that at present we are dealing with reality in a practical way and from that may come the bright future we all hope for.

Thank god that argument is over. So, lads, we’re all in agreement.

Lampard won 4 of 21
Dyche 5 in 18

It took us a while, but thankfully we’re in agreement.

I can finish this half eaten orange now
Not wanting to look like a stats nerd here, but 21 + 18 is 39, so I dont think we can be in agreement, as we didn't play an extra match last season.

Gaslighting aside, what Im getting at is Lampard won 3 of 20 while Dyche won 5 of 18, so we can all agree the difference is clear.

The Pope save kept staying up in our hands. I don’t think that’s disputable.
The key moments in any season define whether we stay up or not. These key moments come in all games throughout the season. Not just that one because of the timing - there was also the save from Pickford in injury time vs Bournemouth, the point salvaged by Keane against Spurs etc etc.

Someone at the club has had a hard on for jebbison for about 2 years and It’s very weird.
Jebbison is a strange one, he’s been linked with a whole load of big clubs so obviously there’s something scouts like, but he’s yet to show much at all even in lower division football.

1B849825-CDE6-4C43-AC26-9A24BC8FC819.webp

Those stats do not reflect properly the fixture list that faced Dyche, most of our winnable home games had been played and lost by the time he was appointed.
True....I posted the basic end of season stats and Dyche was superior. Stats are easily twisted to suit. I watched an Everton match the other day with Arteta, Cahill etc and as they ran onto the pitch the commentator stated that Everton had only won 3 of the last 20 games. Stats are facts but can be manipulated to sound worse than reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back