Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it mate but your posts have me cringing these days.

You've lost all composure and rational thought when it comes to the manager.
Its not rational to consider 1 manager a messiah for earning 3 or 4 points more than another manager who everybody agrees is the worst in the game.

And yeah, im cringe these days, cos nobody gets blind faith, they have to earn it.

For me Sean Dyche has done nothing to earn my praise.

So, you’re actually saying that using the “number of games played” versus “the number of games won” is cherry picking stats when the majority of manager stats are based on “Win %”

Ok

Surely you can appreciate this:

Under Lampard in 22/23 we took 15 points from 20 games. 0.75 points per game, which ultimately would have worked out at 28-29 points at the end of the season.

Under Dyche we took 21 points from 18 games, which is 1.16 points per game. Average that over a 38 game season and you get 44-45 points.

One ends in distant relegation, the other in mid-table security.

Yes, win percentage is an important measure, but in this instance it doesn’t even begin to show the gulf in what Dyche got out of our team points wise compared to Lampard. What’s more, he did it with and even worse squad than Lampard, with no new signings and having one of our better players and leading scorers at the time (Gordon) sold.

No-one is suggesting that Dyche is Guardiola, but he’s a far, far better man for this job than Lampard.

Its not rational to consider 1 manager a messiah for earning 3 or 4 points more than another manager who everybody agrees is the worst in the game.

And yeah, im cringe these days, cos nobody gets blind faith, they have to earn it.

For me Sean Dyche has done nothing to earn my praise.

You're resorting to calling our manager a Kopite.

You're all over the place - it's not hard, it's this;

no ones called him that, they've called him a decent manager who's presence over lampard puts us in a better situation, you've called him a bad one.

Probably cos I consider him a bad manager mate.

He appears to do nothing that makes a difference.
There is quite a significant number stats that are all trending the right direction from the clowns reign to Dyche's. Even the stats that chris believes live in isolations are trending in the right direction. All of this with far far tougher fixtures and far more pressure.

If you don't think he has made any difference then you aren't paying attention to the right things, but you do have a penchant towards the hyperbolic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back