Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He improved amongst many things our ability to create chances, given what he is working with thats a good effort. Unlike the moron he actually understands the basics of football which puts him light years ahead of lampard
The fella is currently being set up to fail by the people above him.

I realise that.

But hes not the messiah some think he is.

1. He's better than Frank Lampard.
2. We were down if we kept Lampard last season.
3. Appreciation should be shown towards Dyche for what was a remarkable achievement in keeping us in the league.
4. Currently, it's about trying to stay in the league and there's no other manager I can think of who I think we could/should currently replace him with.

Just as well points count.

This was you mate;

Yeah, you. The above post was during Brighton in Jan.

We played 3 more after that - lost them all, 2 league games - one to bottom of the league Southampton at Goodison.

Dyche then come in and kept us up.

Show a little appreciation eh?
Don’t want to blow a hole in your theory here bossman, but I said the same all the way up to the end of the season

And you may have forgotten this, but errrr, we were one Nick Pope 94th minute save away from that statement being right

So, cheers Sean you rode us to safety with ease

I actually think that's fine... for now.

Another CF in before the window shuts should still very much be on the cards (we're still being linked with Boulaye Dia as well) but if, after Chermiti, we then turn our full attention onto Gnonto/Sulemana whilst moving Gray on I do think that makes sense.

Hmm, just way I read it was that we would put all our focus into a winger as our next attacking signing and maybe not even bother with another striker?

Given our very limited cash availability for both fees and wages we need to be incredibly efficient and staggeringly lucky in the remaining 25 days. Finding ways to raise cash/ remove wages (Gray, Holgate, Gbamin, Gomes) is just as vital as strengthening attack and central defence.

In the last 12-18 months we have identified and largely failed to land, for a variety of reasons, some very impressive targets. This suggests our scouting/analysis has started to improve but that our lack of financial clout and dreadful on-field performance makes it hard to convince reluctant sellers to sell and good players with other options to join.

We know we really need 3-4 more players but if and when we under-meet need again we have to remember it is not Thelwell and Dyche being useless. It is our owner and “revered“ Chair continuing to reap the sparce harvest of their cumulative failure to plant the seeds of sustainable growth.

1. He's better than Frank Lampard.
2. We were down if we kept Lampard last season.
3. Appreciation should be shown towards Dyche for what was a remarkable achievement in keeping us in the league.
4. Currently, it's about trying to stay in the league and there's no other manager I can think of who I think we could/should currently replace him with.

Just as well points count.

This was you mate;

Yeah, you. The above post was during Brighton in Jan.

We played 3 more after that - lost them all, 2 league games - one to bottom of the league Southampton at Goodison.

Dyche then come in and kept us up.

Show a little appreciation eh?
Schooled.

So, you’re actually saying that using the “number of games played” versus “the number of games won” is cherry picking stats when the majority of manager stats are based on “Win %”

Ok
Yes, cherry picking stats is when you selectively pick information in isolation, leaving out important information to that mislead the truth the portray your argument. Complicated stuff obviously

Erm? Maybe read my posts? I said he did - as my posts last year that I quoted, and just then clearly said?

The thing is - Dyche gives us a few extra points over Lampard. Pragmatism.

I'd rather have Dyche now than Lampard, no question.
I think Lampard is universally considered the worst recent manager we have had.

Its close between him and the kopite.

You can't really compare the players, Completely different attributes. But yeah I'd say Bergkamp was a Rolls Royce of a player.

That term gets used far to much doesn’t it ?
Same as world class being used to much.
Bergkamp was so elegant , not big, not fast, not really that strong, he was just pure intelligence and technique .

Zidane was similar in the way the caressed the football and looked like they were moving slower than everyone yet nobody could get near them

So the club are happy to start the season with DCL, Maupay and Chermiti.

We’ve basically swapped out Simms for another kid.

Gross negligence.

It could end up that way…

Surely the club will look to bring in another CF and try and get Maupay out, he’s pony

Yes, cherry picking stats is when you selectively pick information in isolation, leaving out important information to that mislead the truth the portray your argument. Complicated stuff obviously
That’s not misleading the truth though.

One manager won 4 in 21
One won 5 in 18

Please tell me what is being left out here

Don’t want to blow a hole in your theory here bossman, but I said the same all the way up to the end of the season

And you may have forgotten this, but errrr, we were one Nick Pope 94th minute save away from that statement being right

So, cheers Sean you rode us to safety with ease

You wrote us off we were that bad.

Down by March, you said.

Like most, you believed we'd go down right to the end.

.... but you're now holding it against Dyche that he only kept us up by the skin of our teeth? lol

Dyche kept us up - that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back