Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would have come to PL if it was another club. Not all other clubs mind, but we are considered an absolute shambles in the football world. And rightly so tbf.
I know where u are coming from but just as all football fans will look over positively on some of their players e.g. Pickford for 80m+ fans will also look overly negatively at some aspects of the club too. Yes, there are lots of things wrong at Everton but also you are Everton Football Club, you are a huge club and most professional footballers would do anything for the opportunity to play for Everton. You are getting a new stadium and in the not so distant future there will be change at Everton and the financials will look a lot better. Everton is still a huge pull to a player like him. If it is true that he wants to develop more I think he needs to give his head a wobble and jump at joining Everton if there is genuine interest

I know where u are coming from but just as all football fans will look over positively on some of their players e.g. Pickford for 80m+ fans will also look overly negatively at some aspects of the club too. Yes, there are lots of things wrong at Everton but also you are Everton Football Club, you are a huge club and most professional footballers would do anything for the opportunity to play for Everton. You are getting a new stadium and in the not so distant future there will be change at Everton and the financials will look a lot better. Everton is still a huge pull to a player like him. If it is true that he wants to develop more I think he needs to give his head a wobble and jump at joining Everton if there is genuine interest
I'm obviously biased but living in Southern Europe has many advantages over Merseyside,it's not always about football.

I'm obviously biased but living in Southern Europe has many advantages over Merseyside,it's not always about football.
It is very short term though, the career of a footballer is so short and you could get a transfer in a year's time. I can't see how Bologna could compete with Everton financially. And if you are 23 yrs old and earning 30k/40k a week and living in Merseyside I am sure he would find a way to make the most of it :)

It is very short term though, the career of a footballer is so short and you could get a transfer in a year's time. I can't see how Bologna could compete with Everton financially. And if you are 23 yrs old and earning 30k/40k a week and living in Merseyside I am sure he would find a way to make the most of it :)
There are some footballers who aren't blessed with financial acumen.

Nah, overestimating the pull. IF we start putting things right, and it really won't take much, just a solid season and the sign we are moving in the right direction, then we should be fine to attract players.

At the moment, it is clear to outsiders that: the club is in turmoil at boardroom level, with protests against the board, we play rubbish football, have been involved in narrow, back-to-back relegation escapes, haven't done anything to develop players and Dyche has no pull. That isn't even a dig at Dyche, he might end up doing a solid job, but he doesn't have any pull. For example, Lampard was rubbish but players wanted to play for him because of his name.

If we move back in the right direction, then the size of the club, being in the PL and PL wages will allow us to attract these players. At the moment, we are quite a toxic proposition. Look at Sulemana last season.

Nah, overestimating the pull. IF we start putting things right, and it really won't take much, just a solid season and the sign we are moving in the right direction, then we should be fine to attract players.

At the moment, it is clear to outsiders that: the club is in turmoil at boardroom level, with protests against the board, we play rubbish football, have been involved in narrow, back-to-back relegation escapes, haven't done anything to develop players and Dyche has no pull. That isn't even a dig at Dyche, he might end up doing a solid job, but he doesn't have any pull. For example, Lampard was rubbish but players wanted to play for him because of his name.

If we move back in the right direction, then the size of the club, being in the PL and PL wages will allow us to attract these players. At the moment, we are quite a toxic proposition. Look at Sulemana last season.
Saddens me to agree, this is unfortunately accurate. You’re also right though, one decent season and perceptions will change - and hopefully another year in the right direction for FFP.

We
No offence to Bologna but it’s not a great look if the story is true. Says he prefers there before stepping up to the premier league but in reality if we had an ounce of pulling power he’d probably come to here.
We really don’t have much pull now. Although Serie A is a much improved league from where it was a few years ago I think.

In fairness an academy player and a near 23 year old is a massive difference. If this lad isn't confident enough to move to the PL at that age then he'll likely never be up to the level.

It's a polite way of saying he doesn't want to play for a club that has battled relegation for the past two seasons and has the fans throwing tantrums like teenage girls.

He isn't responsible for budgets or negotiations though nor is he responsible for the fact the club has no money to put towards transfers.
He could be doing an awful lot better on selling players imo. If we're that broke then we need to shift as many fringe players as possible to get some finances flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back