Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you are saying but it is not really relevant to the point I made. I am saying that clubs are not naive enough to believe some crap on Twitter to make them up their bid for a player.
Yea but my point is just because it is on twitter, agents could still use this in talks with clubs ect. Agree some rumours just rubbish but some have truth to them this is how players get better deals ect

Yea but my point is just because it is on twitter, agents could still use this in talks with clubs ect. Agree some rumours just rubbish but some have truth to them this is how players get better deals ect
I don't agree with that. If West Ham wants to pay 30m and if they are influenced by Twitter saying Everton or any other club is willing to pay more they don't have to increase their bid, they can sit back and wait to see if the other club bids 35m and if they do they can then go back in with a higher bid if they choose to. The selling club will take the best deal for the selling club, they don't care who bids first or last.

Very few I'd suggest.
I would agree, also, just because it is not all over Twitter does not mean it isn't being worked on. And particularly early on in the window, unless the buying club is one of the elite the player's agent will be trying to generate interest from as many clubs as he can to drive up the price and improve the offer. Transfers drag out for quite a long time imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back