Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the basic truth with most of these players, whether it’s Almiron, Adams or Daka is that they’re all very good at the things they do, and the whole game is getting them the right team / manager / system. It’s never really as simple as x being better at football than y.

That’s why you have recruitment teams full of analysts and why you need to let them do their job. It’s also why you don’t just write off a player as rubbish because they’ve struggled at Steve Bruce’s Newcastle or Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester.

That’s the jist of it mate isn’t it. It doesn’t matter what we think really because if the recruitment and scouting team have done their job and think he’s someone of use to us within our budget then so be it

Keep kicking and screaming to defend and make excuses for our brilliant transfer and negotiating team - someone might listen to you eventually.

No one is defending them, mate. What you said was wrong, Newcastle seem to have been working on that deal for a while, and they have pretty much have limitless funds to draw on.

We can't just give a team what they ask for right now, mate. We have to negotiate, that's not a defense of the club's transfer team, it's just the reality.

Nobodys doing that our transfer team is crap if it even exists but that doesn't change the fact that you only notice other teams transfer rumours when they get reported as being nearly done by the proper press and then start the clock from there and wonder why its quicker than our deals where you started the clock from the second you saw it mentioned on here or social media. The worst thing is I don't think you even realise thats what you're doing so you honestly think you're making a good point!
Fair dos mate, I take your point - I’ll try and pay more attention to other transfers.

No one is defending them, mate. What you said was wrong, Newcastle seem to have been working on that deal for a while, and they have pretty much have limitless funds to draw on.

We can't just give a team what they ask for right now, mate. We have to negotiate, that's not a defense of the club's transfer team, it's just the reality.
Fair point, I’m not really comparing apples and apples with us and the horse punchers and their spending position.

That’s Goes for most of the league I suppose, with the way we’ve been ran - they are all operating on a different league financially to us, even championship/league one teams are.

That’s why you have recruitment teams full of analysts and why you need to let them do their job. It’s also why you don’t just write off a player as rubbish because they’ve struggled at Steve Bruce’s Newcastle or Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester.
Of course the real test is not writing off players as rubbish because they struggle at Sean Dyche's Everton

But is £12m that far away from the 5-7 million you say? And apparently it’s £2m down to start with so not necessarily breaking the bank. But we don’t know how he might turn out? He could come in and like you say, take a season to acclimatise or he might come in and be useful from the off and chip in with goals, we will have to wait and see?
12 million is almost double and we aren't in a position to rely on a maybe. And if it is £2m down that just highlights the position we are in. But hey we are being reportedly link with a Chelsea player who'll allegedly cost £40m plus.

Luckily for Dortmund's scouts, they weren't so narrow minded when analysing the merits of signing Haaland. Rumour has it that the lad is pretty decent. And before you say Daka has flopped at Leicester, was De Bruyne a success at Chelsea when Wolfsburg took him? Should City have steered clear of bringing him back to English football?
I get the point u are making and I agree with it in principle, but I don't think using KdB and Haaland as examples supports your argument. They are generational talents in their respective positions. I am guessing that at some stage in his life, some football coach somewhere said Messi was too small to make it. If Daka was a generational talent I believe he would have demonstrated it after 2 years in the PL with Leicester and having reached the ripe old age of 24. Daka may well turn out to be a much better player than his stats suggest as I believe he was poorly managed by BR at Leicester but I don't believe he will ever show the level of improvement that KdB and Haaland have demonstrated.

Fair point, I’m not really comparing apples and apples with us and the horse punchers and their spending position.

That’s Goes for most of the league I suppose, with the way we’ve been ran - they are all operating on a different league financially to us, even championship/league one teams are.
If you want transfers done quickly then you give the selling club and the player what they’re asking for. We did that for years and it’s why we are where we are. Now we simply have to sacrifice speed for the best deal possible.

Liverpool always get praise for business done early but that’s very easy when you just ask Benfica or whoever to think of a number and then you pay it. Newcastle are more or less doing the same, maybe a bit more token haggling but the likes of Leicester or Southampton or us are getting the numbers we want for the players.

Looking forward to us attacking and somehow passing the ball all the way back to pickford who long balls it to Daka who 95% time gets bullied or can’t control the ball. Other 5% the badly controlled ball ends up at gueyes feet who shoots only for the ball to land in the Mersey. Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back