Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Livramento to the horse punchers done - no muss, no fuss.

Meanwhile, at Toffee Towers….
I guess when money is no object, and when you know you can just create a new company to sponsor your stadium's toilets to comply with FFP regulations, then getting expensive transfers over the line would be really easy tbf.

The Newcastle owners make more money in one morning than Kenwright has made in his entire life. And it's Kenwright that led to us where we are now by refusing to sell his shares only until he found somebody willing to allow him to sell but still stay in a powerful role within the club.

And your basing your opinion off of Leicester fans that, fair enough, watch him and don’t rate him for whatever reason but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t come to us and do well does it? I actually watched the European game they had in Russia where he scored 4 goals that night and tbf he looked really good, after that I saw fleeting things. Saw their first game against Brighton last season where he scored also. On what I’ve seen I think he’s got something to offer. That’s only my opinion

Playing devils advocate here.....you have picked out the 2 games you seen of him and liked....rather than the 50 or so you didn't see....but Leicester fans did and said he was poor !?!

Thats very very selective, mate.

And your basing your opinion off of Leicester fans that, fair enough, watch him and don’t rate him for whatever reason but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t come to us and do well does it? I actually watched the European game they had in Russia where he scored 4 goals that night and tbf he looked really good, after that I saw fleeting things. Saw their first game against Brighton last season where he scored also. On what I’ve seen I think he’s got something to offer. That’s only my opinion
Last year Everton were linked with Almiron and I asked my geordie mate what he thought about him he said he'd drive him here himself he was totally useless a joke of a footballer and all that then last season he was one of the players of the season and very important to team 13 places above us. Some times I read peoples opinions on Everton players here and wonder if they've ever seen them play they're so different to what I think but they're just opinions not facts.

I read your post, but i think anyone who is genuinely interested in the signing would check his record on whoscored or transfermarkt.

Those who prefer the club to sign ready made players are the lazy ones who wont check the numbers because they want an excuse to throw out negativity.

Ive not seen the kid and not heard of him either but just doing a google and watching videos shows me that statistically hes rated in the top 2 u21 centre forwards in europe (football observatory).

Also the insight that he got into the team due to a striker shortage and signed an extension on the condition he would get games.

Honestly, there’s people out there who have seen his age and and don’t know who he is and gone in Google and probably transfermarket and seen the games and goals columns and thought he was crap. They did on Twitter, straight away, why are we spinning that sort of money on him who won’t be anywhere near our first team when we need a striker that scores and goes straight into the team. Loads were saying it on Twitter.

Yet the same people were saying we should take a lead out of Brighton’s book and sign these type of players and the minute we do they question it?! Baffling

Last year Everton were linked with Almiron and I asked my geordie mate what he thought about him he said he'd drive him here himself he was totally useless a joke of a footballer and all that then last season he was one of the players of the season and very important to team 13 places above us. Some times I read peoples opinions on Everton players here and wonder if they've ever seen them play they're so different to what I think but they're just opinions not facts.

Exactly mate, that’s a great example because before Howe he was horrendous wasnt he. Sometimes different clubs or managers get more out of players than others and fans will rate certain players has other dont, like you say, matter of opinions isn’t it

Exactly mate, that’s a great example because before Howe he was horrendous wasnt he. Sometimes different clubs or managers get more out of players than others and fans will rate certain players has other dont, like you say, matter of opinions isn’t it

Different views, I watched Harry Kane for England U21's and thought he was crap, greedy and selfish. People make judgements on what they see at the time. I now admit, I could have been wrong. :)

Honestly, there’s people out there who have seen his age and and don’t know who he is and gone in Google and probably transfermarket and seen the games and goals columns and thought he was crap. They did on Twitter, straight away, why are we spinning that sort of money on him who won’t be anywhere near our first team when we need a striker that scores and goes straight into the team. Loads were saying it on Twitter.

Yet the same people were saying we should take a lead out of Brighton’s book and sign these type of players and the minute we do they question it?! Baffling
I think they were talking about players for around the 5 to 7 million mark to develop. Not spending what appears to be the majority of our available transfer funds on a player to fit probably the most vital position we need to fill with a player it may very well take the full season to ease into the team?

Morning mates and welcome to the 8th of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

Everton are still considering making a bid for Harry Maguire. That’s according to The Independent, who have reported that the Toffees are monitoring the defender’s situation after West Ham had a £60 million double offer turned down for Maguire and Scott McTominay.

Sporting CP striker Youssef Chermiti has failed to jet into Merseyside yet to complete his move to Everton, according to O Jogo. The Portuguese newspaper has reported in its print edition [08 August, pg 13] that the attacker was still in Portugal on Monday completing any last bureaucratic issues.

Everton are ‘interested in signing’ Leicester City’s Patson Daka, says reporter Alan Myers.

EVERTON loanee Stanley Mills wants to make his own name for himself and his football career during his spell with Oxford United. The son of former Leeds United and England right back Danny Mills, the 19-year-old was one of few bright points as Liam Manning’s side began the season with a defeat.

Everton are looking to bolster their central defence with a move for ace Trevor Chalobah, who has reportedly been informed he is free to leave Stamford Bridge this summer. According to TEAMtalk, a host of clubs - including Everton - are interested in signing Chalobah following the news that he is considered expendable in west London, with Crystal Palace and West Ham United said to be monitoring the situation.

Everton are closing in on the third transfer as Youssef Chermiti has arrived from Portugal and is set to undergo medicals at Merseyside. The attention could now shift to outgoings as Everton midfielder Amadou Onana continues to attract interest from Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United. According to Mirror, United have identified two midfielders as alternatives to Amrabat. Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams is one of the names being considered. Everton’s Onana is the second midfielder that has been internally discussed as per the report.

Everton have made contact with Leicester City regarding a deal to bring Zambian striker Patson Daka to Goodison Park, as well as Southampton forward Che Adams, according to the Daily Mail. The newspaper shared in its print edition [8 August, pg 63] that Everton had asked Leicester about the possibility of taking Daka on loan, although the Foxes would prefer to do a permanent deal for the pacy hitman. It is unclear what the deal for Adams would look like.

Everton are in talks with Southampton over a potential move for Kamaldeen Sulemana. According to Football Insider, the Toffees are seeking a loan move for the Saints forward this summer.

According to journalist Luca Bendoni, Everton are interested in FC Basel winger Dan Ndoye. The 22 year old is also attracting interest from other sides. The Toffees submitted a proposal for the Swiss winger but the player is not in favour of moving to the Premier League at this stage of his career. Instead, Ndoye would prefer an intermediate step of moving to Bologna, who are another interested party. In fact, Bologna have reached an agreement with Basel worth €11 million including add-ons for the 22 year old winger.

Everton’s offer has been rejected as the player has also agreed to a move to Italy and is eager to work under Thiago Motta at Bologna, as per Gianluca Di Marzio. Basel have not yet accepted the transfer as they are taking their time to find a replacement for the Switzerland right winger.​

I guess when money is no object, and when you know you can just create a new company to sponsor your stadium's toilets to comply with FFP regulations, then getting expensive transfers over the line would be really easy tbf.

The Newcastle owners make more money in one morning than Kenwright has made in his entire life. And it's Kenwright that led to us where we are now by refusing to sell his shares only until he found somebody willing to allow him to sell but still stay in a powerful role within the club.
Tbf Howe has come out this morning and said there will need to be some departures to balance the books so they are trying to stick within the rules as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back