Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Everton were linked with Almiron and I asked my geordie mate what he thought about him he said he'd drive him here himself he was totally useless a joke of a footballer and all that then last season he was one of the players of the season and very important to team 13 places above us. Some times I read peoples opinions on Everton players here and wonder if they've ever seen them play they're so different to what I think but they're just opinions not facts.
No, Almiron is still pants, one brief period of form can't hide that

And he has stick on eyebrows

Exactly mate, that’s a great example because before Howe he was horrendous wasnt he. Sometimes different clubs or managers get more out of players than others and fans will rate certain players has other dont, like you say, matter of opinions isn’t it
I think the basic truth with most of these players, whether it’s Almiron, Adams or Daka is that they’re all very good at the things they do, and the whole game is getting them the right team / manager / system. It’s never really as simple as x being better at football than y.

That’s why you have recruitment teams full of analysts and why you need to let them do their job. It’s also why you don’t just write off a player as rubbish because they’ve struggled at Steve Bruce’s Newcastle or Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester.

I think they were talking about players for around the 5 to 7 million mark to develop. Not spending what appears to be the majority of our available transfer funds on a player to fit probably the most vital position we need to fill with a player it may very well take the full season to ease into the team?

But is £12m that far away from the 5-7 million you say? And apparently it’s £2m down to start with so not necessarily breaking the bank. But we don’t know how he might turn out? He could come in and like you say, take a season to acclimatise or he might come in and be useful from the off and chip in with goals, we will have to wait and see?

Amazing from them they've signed him for £32m only 42 days after the first reports of them being in talks and just over a month after they were reported as ready to walk away because £30m was too much I wish we could do that.
That deal has been talked about with at least a month. Maybe more
Keep kicking and screaming to defend and make excuses for our brilliant transfer and negotiating team - someone might listen to you eventually.

Playing devils advocate here.....you have picked out the 2 games you seen of him and liked....rather than the 50 or so you didn't see....but Leicester fans did and said he was poor !?!

Thats very very selective, mate.

Well yeah, my sample size isn’t great, a couple of games here and there and a game against us but I thought he looked decent, what you would want in a modern striker, pace and someone who can finish.

And selective or not, from what I’ve seen and know of him at Salzburg, in my opinion from that, I think he would be a decent signing for us where as Leicester fans and some blues don’t. Is what it is

Keep kicking and screaming to defend and make excuses for our brilliant transfer and negotiating team - someone might listen to you eventually.
Nobodys doing that our transfer team is crap if it even exists but that doesn't change the fact that you only notice other teams transfer rumours when they get reported as being nearly done by the proper press and then start the clock from there and wonder why its quicker than our deals where you started the clock from the second you saw it mentioned on here or social media. The worst thing is I don't think you even realise thats what you're doing so you honestly think you're making a good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back