Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does beg the question of why we didn't just sell him for 8 million ourselves. Did we not know other clubs were interested?
We sold him for what we could at the time.

He then went on and had a decent season in Lique 2.

I get that people like to abuse the club for things, but we took the best offer on the table at the time for a lad who hadnt really done much in his time at the club.

It's just a job to the majority of them at the end of the day and money talks.
I get what you mean but I don't think any of these lads, especially now, have ever really had money problems where they think "I have to make as much as possible". If you're a 16 year old on £2k a week or whatever then really you'll never know proper desperation. I think money talks a lot for loads of them, Gordon for sure, even looking at our squad now I think Iwobi is the easiest example of someone who clearly "needs" to be wealthy and wants to be viewed like that.

I would think though if I were a top footballer at Everton, earning let's say £100k a week, I'd have no desire to leave as a fan, even if the money was much higher because what I'd earn already is life changing money and more than enough. I'd be rich one way or the other, I'd rather being rich and adored by Everton than slightly more rich and treated as just another body by Newcastle for example. Again I think us fans would have a different view though since these players are so far from normal people and the money is never enough because like Gordon and Iwobi who I mentioned, their life needs to be "flash" and they must present themselves as superstars.

So as pretty much everyone expected when Moshiri kept good times Bill on and never replaced the line Manager, we are going to start the new season with still no new striker. Even if Youssef signs it will take him a few weeks to get a Visa and even then you could not put an inexperienced 19 year old straight in the team, not without risking breaking him anyway.

Everton Motto - Bringing you nothing but perpetual disappointment and despair.

I am literally broken before the season starts, not that i was ever fixed after the last few seasons to begin with. Any glimmer of hope for this season dissolved when they kept headlock Bill on.

I get what you mean but I don't think any of these lads, especially now, have ever really had money problems where they think "I have to make as much as possible". If you're a 16 year old on £2k a week or whatever then really you'll never know proper desperation. I think money talks a lot for loads of them, Gordon for sure, even looking at our squad now I think Iwobi is the easiest example of someone who clearly "needs" to be wealthy and wants to be viewed like that.

I would think though if I were a top footballer at Everton, earning let's say £100k a week, I'd have no desire to leave as a fan, even if the money was much higher because what I'd earn already is life changing money and more than enough. I'd be rich one way or the other, I'd rather being rich and adored by Everton than slightly more rich and treated as just another body by Newcastle for example. Again I think us fans would have a different view though since these players are so far from normal people and the money is never enough because like Gordon and Iwobi who I mentioned, their life needs to be "flash" and they must present themselves as superstars.
Agents getting paid more when players switch clubs = agents in their ear talking about how much better they are than their current club or how their current club is disrespecting them or how much money/fame there is to be made elsewhere.

At the end of the day, for all of their athletic prowess, we are generally talking about 17-25 year old impressionable kids with limited schooling. It's not surprising it often doesn't end well (except for the agents of course....)

So as pretty much everyone expected when Moshiri kept good times Bill on and never replaced the line Manager, we are going to start the new season with still no new striker. Even if Youssef signs it will take him a few weeks to get a Visa and even then you could not put an inexperienced 19 year old straight in the team, not without risking breaking him anyway.

Everton Motto - Bringing you nothing but perpetual disappointment and despair.

I am literally broken before the season starts, not that i was ever fixed after the last few seasons to begin with. Any glimmer of hope for this season dissolved when they kept headlock Bill on.

i’m with you. i’m running out of descriptions really to call this club

Reactions: Lob
Always makes me laugh to imagine what his transfer request actually looked like
284C1E3500000578-3067033-image-a-37_1430741442186.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back