Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they did, like we could’ve done with Coady for £4m and then sold him straight on to Leicester and made £3m on him. It appears the people who run Ligue 2 Saint Etienne are more clued up on how to run a football club than our own brain’s trust.
There are people who run markets in St Johns that are more clued-up than this football club.

No your right, why would a multi million pound organisation pay attention to the details.
Have you ever applied for a visa? It's not as simple as just getting the details right, you're wholly reliant on an external, third-party having no alliance with either the club or the player working to an amenable timeline. Sometimes it just takes a second

This is just silly. We have a good loan offer on the table, he hasn’t featured in pre season and is realistically 4th choice to go up front. Stop messing people about and let him go play football before the offer comes off the table.

Feel bad for Tom. Kid probably just wants to get on the pitch. Our own incompetence is stopping that.

I have basically given up asking for a competent transfer window. It just won't happen under this leadership.

Another season where a manager has been badly let down and we go into game 1 without the players we need. If we start poorly, which is very possible, then we will be in trouble again.

All I ask for is a plan, some urgency, and decisive actions. A team that will not be in huge relegation trouble come April and May. Its not a whole lot to ask and can absolutely be delivered.

Nothing changes until we have change at the top.

This is just silly. We have a good loan offer on the table, he hasn’t featured in pre season and is realistically 4th choice to go up front. Stop messing people about and let him go play football before the offer comes off the table.

4th choice??? Think this is good from Everton, for once. You’d all piss your kegs if he went and we failed to secure a forward.

oh a bobble/fab face off
The Echo have split the difference 😄
Screenshot_20230809_163240_X.webp

I have basically given up asking for a competent transfer window. It just won't happen under this leadership.

Another season where a manager has been badly let down and we go into game 1 without the players we need. If we start poorly, which is very possible, then we will be in trouble again.

All I ask for is a plan, some urgency, and decisive actions. A team that will not be in huge relegation trouble come April and May. Its not a whole lot to ask and can absolutely be delivered.

Yep. Can't afford to be playing catch up from the off this year. Club is incompetent across the board though so it's no great surprise. We will get the usual soundbites on September 2nd, "we tried hard but couldn't get them over the line" etc rinse and repeat.

The protests won’t start up again until we’re having poor results on the pitch. The people that said the anger would die down once we survived/results turned around were right. The people at the top of the club know this as well and that’s why they can stick around and feed the fanbase absolute rubbish about “interims” and all that crap. They’ll be able to ride it out indefinitely unless we literally get relegated, that’s the only way we’re actually going to demand change as a fanbase. It’s incredibly disappointing.

The protests won’t start up again until we’re having poor results on the pitch. The people that said the anger would die down once we survived/results turned around were right. The people at the top of the club know this as well and that’s why they can stick around and feed the fanbase absolute rubbish about “interims” and all that crap. They’ll be able to ride it out indefinitely unless we literally get relegated, that’s the only way we’re actually going to demand change as a fanbase. It’s incredibly disappointing.
If you've got the time and inclination to properly protest please do it for something more worthwhile than wanting your football to be more successful i'm not taking the pee there i'm being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back